Sakaguchi clarifies retirement quip
Lauded game designed Hironobu Sakaguchi has clarified comments made about his prospective retirement, dispelling rumours of his departure from the industry.
The Final Fantasy franchise creator posted an English-translated version of a blog post published earlier in the week, making it clear that he's not looking to retire.
"Emotionally it feels like this is my last work, while pouring everything I have gotten into this project."
Rather than confirming that Wii role-playing game The Last Story is his last project, Sakaguchi explains that emotionally it feels as though it's his final game. So basically he's still in the game--good news for RPG gamers, that's for sure.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO