Sakaguchi clarifies retirement quip
Lauded game designed Hironobu Sakaguchi has clarified comments made about his prospective retirement, dispelling rumours of his departure from the industry.
The Final Fantasy franchise creator posted an English-translated version of a blog post published earlier in the week, making it clear that he's not looking to retire.
"Emotionally it feels like this is my last work, while pouring everything I have gotten into this project."
Rather than confirming that Wii role-playing game The Last Story is his last project, Sakaguchi explains that emotionally it feels as though it's his final game. So basically he's still in the game--good news for RPG gamers, that's for sure.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014