Mega Man Universe announced
Capcom has officially announced the existence of Mega Man Universe for XBLA and PSN.
The name first appeared a few months ago when it was noticed that Capcom had filed for a trademark of the name.
Speculation has grown over what the title is actually going to be with some suggesting that it might be a Mega Man MMO.
Today's announcement shed a little more light on the matter but stopped short of actually saying what Mega Man Universe was going to be like.
All Capcom would add is that Mega Man Universe is to be a "revolutionary take on the seminal classic, setting course for a new chapter in classic gaming," whatever that means.
Series creator Kenji Inafune was equally vague saying: "We are thrilled to finally be able to announce Mega Man Universe. This game will break the mold and challenge the conventional wisdom of what a Mega Man game can be. When fans finally get to see it, I believe they'll envision their most far-out Mega Man dreams coming true."
More when we have it.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update