Mega Man Universe announced
Capcom has officially announced the existence of Mega Man Universe for XBLA and PSN.
The name first appeared a few months ago when it was noticed that Capcom had filed for a trademark of the name.
Speculation has grown over what the title is actually going to be with some suggesting that it might be a Mega Man MMO.
Today's announcement shed a little more light on the matter but stopped short of actually saying what Mega Man Universe was going to be like.
All Capcom would add is that Mega Man Universe is to be a "revolutionary take on the seminal classic, setting course for a new chapter in classic gaming," whatever that means.
Series creator Kenji Inafune was equally vague saying: "We are thrilled to finally be able to announce Mega Man Universe. This game will break the mold and challenge the conventional wisdom of what a Mega Man game can be. When fans finally get to see it, I believe they'll envision their most far-out Mega Man dreams coming true."
More when we have it.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like