Mega Man Universe announced
Capcom has officially announced the existence of Mega Man Universe for XBLA and PSN.
The name first appeared a few months ago when it was noticed that Capcom had filed for a trademark of the name.
Speculation has grown over what the title is actually going to be with some suggesting that it might be a Mega Man MMO.
Today's announcement shed a little more light on the matter but stopped short of actually saying what Mega Man Universe was going to be like.
All Capcom would add is that Mega Man Universe is to be a "revolutionary take on the seminal classic, setting course for a new chapter in classic gaming," whatever that means.
Series creator Kenji Inafune was equally vague saying: "We are thrilled to finally be able to announce Mega Man Universe. This game will break the mold and challenge the conventional wisdom of what a Mega Man game can be. When fans finally get to see it, I believe they'll envision their most far-out Mega Man dreams coming true."
More when we have it.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all