Gilbert: Deathspank could open door for meatier games on PSN and XBLA
Ron Gilbert has high hopes that his latest creation in conjunction with Hothead Games, Deathspank will pave the way for more substantial games on console download services.
Gilbert told Gamasutra in a recent interview that he hoped that Deathspank would inspire developers to be more adventurous with what they are creating for PSN and XBLA.
Gilbert said: "The game is very different from a lot of stuff that's in the download space; I'm kind of hoping in a way that it'll open up the door to the Xbox and the PSN having more games with some real meat on them."
He added: "I'm really hoping this is kind of the future of downloads, and that we can get some really good, interesting games in the download space."
Deathspank launches today on PSN and XBLA.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO