Gilbert: Deathspank could open door for meatier games on PSN and XBLA
Ron Gilbert has high hopes that his latest creation in conjunction with Hothead Games, Deathspank will pave the way for more substantial games on console download services.
Gilbert told Gamasutra in a recent interview that he hoped that Deathspank would inspire developers to be more adventurous with what they are creating for PSN and XBLA.
Gilbert said: "The game is very different from a lot of stuff that's in the download space; I'm kind of hoping in a way that it'll open up the door to the Xbox and the PSN having more games with some real meat on them."
He added: "I'm really hoping this is kind of the future of downloads, and that we can get some really good, interesting games in the download space."
Deathspank launches today on PSN and XBLA.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too