Gilbert: Deathspank could open door for meatier games on PSN and XBLA
Ron Gilbert has high hopes that his latest creation in conjunction with Hothead Games, Deathspank will pave the way for more substantial games on console download services.
Gilbert told Gamasutra in a recent interview that he hoped that Deathspank would inspire developers to be more adventurous with what they are creating for PSN and XBLA.
Gilbert said: "The game is very different from a lot of stuff that's in the download space; I'm kind of hoping in a way that it'll open up the door to the Xbox and the PSN having more games with some real meat on them."
He added: "I'm really hoping this is kind of the future of downloads, and that we can get some really good, interesting games in the download space."
Deathspank launches today on PSN and XBLA.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny