Gilbert: Deathspank could open door for meatier games on PSN and XBLA
Ron Gilbert has high hopes that his latest creation in conjunction with Hothead Games, Deathspank will pave the way for more substantial games on console download services.
Gilbert told Gamasutra in a recent interview that he hoped that Deathspank would inspire developers to be more adventurous with what they are creating for PSN and XBLA.
Gilbert said: "The game is very different from a lot of stuff that's in the download space; I'm kind of hoping in a way that it'll open up the door to the Xbox and the PSN having more games with some real meat on them."
He added: "I'm really hoping this is kind of the future of downloads, and that we can get some really good, interesting games in the download space."
Deathspank launches today on PSN and XBLA.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today