Zelda: Skyward Sword in early 2011
Nintendo has the newest Wii instalment slated for release in the first few months of next year.
Speaking to the Official Nintendo Magazine UK, producer Eiji Aonuma confirms that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is tentatively set for release in early 2011.
"The basis we have now is very, very solid. Early 2011 - that is what we're aiming for."
Despite pledging a release for new Wii Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games in 2010, Nintendo has backpedalled on the promise. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now available and Metroid: Other M will be out in August, but The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the one to break the pledge with news of a 2011 release.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny