Zelda: Skyward Sword in early 2011
Nintendo has the newest Wii instalment slated for release in the first few months of next year.
Speaking to the Official Nintendo Magazine UK, producer Eiji Aonuma confirms that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is tentatively set for release in early 2011.
"The basis we have now is very, very solid. Early 2011 - that is what we're aiming for."
Despite pledging a release for new Wii Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games in 2010, Nintendo has backpedalled on the promise. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now available and Metroid: Other M will be out in August, but The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the one to break the pledge with news of a 2011 release.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year