Zelda: Skyward Sword in early 2011
Nintendo has the newest Wii instalment slated for release in the first few months of next year.
Speaking to the Official Nintendo Magazine UK, producer Eiji Aonuma confirms that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is tentatively set for release in early 2011.
"The basis we have now is very, very solid. Early 2011 - that is what we're aiming for."
Despite pledging a release for new Wii Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games in 2010, Nintendo has backpedalled on the promise. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now available and Metroid: Other M will be out in August, but The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the one to break the pledge with news of a 2011 release.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America