Zelda: Skyward Sword in early 2011
Nintendo has the newest Wii instalment slated for release in the first few months of next year.
Speaking to the Official Nintendo Magazine UK, producer Eiji Aonuma confirms that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is tentatively set for release in early 2011.
"The basis we have now is very, very solid. Early 2011 - that is what we're aiming for."
Despite pledging a release for new Wii Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games in 2010, Nintendo has backpedalled on the promise. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now available and Metroid: Other M will be out in August, but The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the one to break the pledge with news of a 2011 release.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year