Consoles are over says BioWare
BioWare co-founder Dr. Greg Zeschuk asserts the increasingly popular notion that console domination of the games industry is coming to an end as portable platforms grow more popular.
GamingBolt reports from the Develop Conference where Zeschuk contended that BioWare will be focusing on new platforms in the near future.
"The future isn't necessarily on console. That's the past. It's going to be a strong thing going forward, but the future is in all of these new businesses that are starting up...We're going to continue to do triple-A console, but we're also going to be exploring pretty aggressively."
Zeschuk singled out iPhone, iPad, and Nintendo 3DS as areas of particular interest.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching