Consoles are over says BioWare
BioWare co-founder Dr. Greg Zeschuk asserts the increasingly popular notion that console domination of the games industry is coming to an end as portable platforms grow more popular.
GamingBolt reports from the Develop Conference where Zeschuk contended that BioWare will be focusing on new platforms in the near future.
"The future isn't necessarily on console. That's the past. It's going to be a strong thing going forward, but the future is in all of these new businesses that are starting up...We're going to continue to do triple-A console, but we're also going to be exploring pretty aggressively."
Zeschuk singled out iPhone, iPad, and Nintendo 3DS as areas of particular interest.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015