Consoles are over says BioWare
BioWare co-founder Dr. Greg Zeschuk asserts the increasingly popular notion that console domination of the games industry is coming to an end as portable platforms grow more popular.
GamingBolt reports from the Develop Conference where Zeschuk contended that BioWare will be focusing on new platforms in the near future.
"The future isn't necessarily on console. That's the past. It's going to be a strong thing going forward, but the future is in all of these new businesses that are starting up...We're going to continue to do triple-A console, but we're also going to be exploring pretty aggressively."
Zeschuk singled out iPhone, iPad, and Nintendo 3DS as areas of particular interest.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release