Consoles are over says BioWare
BioWare co-founder Dr. Greg Zeschuk asserts the increasingly popular notion that console domination of the games industry is coming to an end as portable platforms grow more popular.
GamingBolt reports from the Develop Conference where Zeschuk contended that BioWare will be focusing on new platforms in the near future.
"The future isn't necessarily on console. That's the past. It's going to be a strong thing going forward, but the future is in all of these new businesses that are starting up...We're going to continue to do triple-A console, but we're also going to be exploring pretty aggressively."
Zeschuk singled out iPhone, iPad, and Nintendo 3DS as areas of particular interest.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title