Consoles are over says BioWare
BioWare co-founder Dr. Greg Zeschuk asserts the increasingly popular notion that console domination of the games industry is coming to an end as portable platforms grow more popular.
GamingBolt reports from the Develop Conference where Zeschuk contended that BioWare will be focusing on new platforms in the near future.
"The future isn't necessarily on console. That's the past. It's going to be a strong thing going forward, but the future is in all of these new businesses that are starting up...We're going to continue to do triple-A console, but we're also going to be exploring pretty aggressively."
Zeschuk singled out iPhone, iPad, and Nintendo 3DS as areas of particular interest.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today