Sakaguchi considering retirement
Famed game developer Hironobu Sakaguchi is contemplating a retirement from design, hinting that he's finishing up work on his last title.
Andriasang points out a blog post made by the Final Fantasy creator on the Mistwalker website (note: it's in Japanese) that describes Sakaguchi's work on Wii role-playing game The Last Story as his final hurrah.
"I'm fully pouring everything into this one title, and the feeling of it maybe being my last title is strong."
While this could be taken to mean that Sakaguchi wishes to retire from game development entirely, it may also mean that he wishes to shift into a management role away from production. We'll know for sure after the release of The Last Story later this year.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year