Sakaguchi considering retirement
Famed game developer Hironobu Sakaguchi is contemplating a retirement from design, hinting that he's finishing up work on his last title.
Andriasang points out a blog post made by the Final Fantasy creator on the Mistwalker website (note: it's in Japanese) that describes Sakaguchi's work on Wii role-playing game The Last Story as his final hurrah.
"I'm fully pouring everything into this one title, and the feeling of it maybe being my last title is strong."
While this could be taken to mean that Sakaguchi wishes to retire from game development entirely, it may also mean that he wishes to shift into a management role away from production. We'll know for sure after the release of The Last Story later this year.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3