Sakaguchi considering retirement
Famed game developer Hironobu Sakaguchi is contemplating a retirement from design, hinting that he's finishing up work on his last title.
Andriasang points out a blog post made by the Final Fantasy creator on the Mistwalker website (note: it's in Japanese) that describes Sakaguchi's work on Wii role-playing game The Last Story as his final hurrah.
"I'm fully pouring everything into this one title, and the feeling of it maybe being my last title is strong."
While this could be taken to mean that Sakaguchi wishes to retire from game development entirely, it may also mean that he wishes to shift into a management role away from production. We'll know for sure after the release of The Last Story later this year.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO