Sakaguchi considering retirement
Famed game developer Hironobu Sakaguchi is contemplating a retirement from design, hinting that he's finishing up work on his last title.
Andriasang points out a blog post made by the Final Fantasy creator on the Mistwalker website (note: it's in Japanese) that describes Sakaguchi's work on Wii role-playing game The Last Story as his final hurrah.
"I'm fully pouring everything into this one title, and the feeling of it maybe being my last title is strong."
While this could be taken to mean that Sakaguchi wishes to retire from game development entirely, it may also mean that he wishes to shift into a management role away from production. We'll know for sure after the release of The Last Story later this year.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold