Sakaguchi considering retirement
Famed game developer Hironobu Sakaguchi is contemplating a retirement from design, hinting that he's finishing up work on his last title.
Andriasang points out a blog post made by the Final Fantasy creator on the Mistwalker website (note: it's in Japanese) that describes Sakaguchi's work on Wii role-playing game The Last Story as his final hurrah.
"I'm fully pouring everything into this one title, and the feeling of it maybe being my last title is strong."
While this could be taken to mean that Sakaguchi wishes to retire from game development entirely, it may also mean that he wishes to shift into a management role away from production. We'll know for sure after the release of The Last Story later this year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer