Kane & Lynch 2 breaks out early
Controversial sequel now expected a week earlier than its originally planned mid-August release.
Square Enix is moving up the release of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, pegging the game's street date on August 10. That's a full week ahead of the previously announced date.
Development has long been finished on the title, which follows from the highly charged original that racked up sales based on an advertising scandal involving publisher Eidos and editorial outlet GameSpot.
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on August 10.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer