Cinematic deaths define Killzone 3
Not content to riddle enemies with bullets, developer Guerilla is concocting a variety of "cinematic deaths" to heighten the drama in PlayStation 3-exclusive Killzone 3.
A blog post on the official Killzone web portal (age verification required), the company's Victor Zuylen explains the effort invested into the intricate enemy death animations.
"Killzone 3 is strongly influenced by Hollywood realism...Cinematic deaths are the logical progression of this design philosophy, adding a variety of spectacular (and sometimes explosive) new ways for Helghast enemies to perish."
Examples given include fiery jet pack explosions and destroying a Helghast drop ship by shooting its projectiles. Can February 2011 come soon enough?
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent