Cinematic deaths define Killzone 3
Not content to riddle enemies with bullets, developer Guerilla is concocting a variety of "cinematic deaths" to heighten the drama in PlayStation 3-exclusive Killzone 3.
A blog post on the official Killzone web portal (age verification required), the company's Victor Zuylen explains the effort invested into the intricate enemy death animations.
"Killzone 3 is strongly influenced by Hollywood realism...Cinematic deaths are the logical progression of this design philosophy, adding a variety of spectacular (and sometimes explosive) new ways for Helghast enemies to perish."
Examples given include fiery jet pack explosions and destroying a Helghast drop ship by shooting its projectiles. Can February 2011 come soon enough?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer