Cinematic deaths define Killzone 3
Not content to riddle enemies with bullets, developer Guerilla is concocting a variety of "cinematic deaths" to heighten the drama in PlayStation 3-exclusive Killzone 3.
A blog post on the official Killzone web portal (age verification required), the company's Victor Zuylen explains the effort invested into the intricate enemy death animations.
"Killzone 3 is strongly influenced by Hollywood realism...Cinematic deaths are the logical progression of this design philosophy, adding a variety of spectacular (and sometimes explosive) new ways for Helghast enemies to perish."
Examples given include fiery jet pack explosions and destroying a Helghast drop ship by shooting its projectiles. Can February 2011 come soon enough?
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch