Cinematic deaths define Killzone 3
Not content to riddle enemies with bullets, developer Guerilla is concocting a variety of "cinematic deaths" to heighten the drama in PlayStation 3-exclusive Killzone 3.
A blog post on the official Killzone web portal (age verification required), the company's Victor Zuylen explains the effort invested into the intricate enemy death animations.
"Killzone 3 is strongly influenced by Hollywood realism...Cinematic deaths are the logical progression of this design philosophy, adding a variety of spectacular (and sometimes explosive) new ways for Helghast enemies to perish."
Examples given include fiery jet pack explosions and destroying a Helghast drop ship by shooting its projectiles. Can February 2011 come soon enough?
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year