Cinematic deaths define Killzone 3
Not content to riddle enemies with bullets, developer Guerilla is concocting a variety of "cinematic deaths" to heighten the drama in PlayStation 3-exclusive Killzone 3.
A blog post on the official Killzone web portal (age verification required), the company's Victor Zuylen explains the effort invested into the intricate enemy death animations.
"Killzone 3 is strongly influenced by Hollywood realism...Cinematic deaths are the logical progression of this design philosophy, adding a variety of spectacular (and sometimes explosive) new ways for Helghast enemies to perish."
Examples given include fiery jet pack explosions and destroying a Helghast drop ship by shooting its projectiles. Can February 2011 come soon enough?
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful