Black Ops pre-orders topping MW2
Call of Duty: Black Ops has the potential to outsell blockbuster shooter Modern Warfare 2 if early pre-order totals are to be believed.
While declining to provide hard statistics, Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson claims that pre-orders for Treyarch-developed Call of Duty: Black Ops are outstripping last year's Modern Warfare 2.
IndustryGamers reports on Wilson's assertion, which is based on "retail sources." He predicts a total haul of 12 million copies sold for Black Ops; however, Wilson says he does not believe that Black Ops will eclipse the staggering 16 million copies Activision has sold of Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on November 9.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update