Black Ops pre-orders topping MW2
Call of Duty: Black Ops has the potential to outsell blockbuster shooter Modern Warfare 2 if early pre-order totals are to be believed.
While declining to provide hard statistics, Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson claims that pre-orders for Treyarch-developed Call of Duty: Black Ops are outstripping last year's Modern Warfare 2.
IndustryGamers reports on Wilson's assertion, which is based on "retail sources." He predicts a total haul of 12 million copies sold for Black Ops; however, Wilson says he does not believe that Black Ops will eclipse the staggering 16 million copies Activision has sold of Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on November 9.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update