Black Ops pre-orders topping MW2
Call of Duty: Black Ops has the potential to outsell blockbuster shooter Modern Warfare 2 if early pre-order totals are to be believed.
While declining to provide hard statistics, Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson claims that pre-orders for Treyarch-developed Call of Duty: Black Ops are outstripping last year's Modern Warfare 2.
IndustryGamers reports on Wilson's assertion, which is based on "retail sources." He predicts a total haul of 12 million copies sold for Black Ops; however, Wilson says he does not believe that Black Ops will eclipse the staggering 16 million copies Activision has sold of Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on November 9.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year