Black Ops pre-orders topping MW2
Call of Duty: Black Ops has the potential to outsell blockbuster shooter Modern Warfare 2 if early pre-order totals are to be believed.
While declining to provide hard statistics, Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson claims that pre-orders for Treyarch-developed Call of Duty: Black Ops are outstripping last year's Modern Warfare 2.
IndustryGamers reports on Wilson's assertion, which is based on "retail sources." He predicts a total haul of 12 million copies sold for Black Ops; however, Wilson says he does not believe that Black Ops will eclipse the staggering 16 million copies Activision has sold of Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on November 9.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release