Black Ops pre-orders topping MW2
Call of Duty: Black Ops has the potential to outsell blockbuster shooter Modern Warfare 2 if early pre-order totals are to be believed.
While declining to provide hard statistics, Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson claims that pre-orders for Treyarch-developed Call of Duty: Black Ops are outstripping last year's Modern Warfare 2.
IndustryGamers reports on Wilson's assertion, which is based on "retail sources." He predicts a total haul of 12 million copies sold for Black Ops; however, Wilson says he does not believe that Black Ops will eclipse the staggering 16 million copies Activision has sold of Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on November 9.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year