Enlight hires McGee
Former id Software man American McGee, currently working with Disney on an Oz film trilogy and creator of EA's Alice game, has been hired by developer-publisher Enlight in a consultancy role as the firm's Creative Director.
Enlight are working on a number of projects in-house, and with several external development partners (such as Infinite Interactive, Egosoft and Haemimont Games), and the firm clearly feel that McGee's new involvement can help refine and improve their products further.
"American McGee is one of the most gifted designers in the interactive entertainment and computer games industries," enthused Trevor Chan, CEO of Enlight. "Together, we will seek out other talented designers and as a publisher, encourage and nourish their creative freedoms instead of squelching them. This is a major step forward for Enlight. Working directly with American McGee has been a goal of mine for some time."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year