Enlight hires McGee
Former id Software man American McGee, currently working with Disney on an Oz film trilogy and creator of EA's Alice game, has been hired by developer-publisher Enlight in a consultancy role as the firm's Creative Director.
Enlight are working on a number of projects in-house, and with several external development partners (such as Infinite Interactive, Egosoft and Haemimont Games), and the firm clearly feel that McGee's new involvement can help refine and improve their products further.
"American McGee is one of the most gifted designers in the interactive entertainment and computer games industries," enthused Trevor Chan, CEO of Enlight. "Together, we will seek out other talented designers and as a publisher, encourage and nourish their creative freedoms instead of squelching them. This is a major step forward for Enlight. Working directly with American McGee has been a goal of mine for some time."
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release