Enlight hires McGee
Former id Software man American McGee, currently working with Disney on an Oz film trilogy and creator of EA's Alice game, has been hired by developer-publisher Enlight in a consultancy role as the firm's Creative Director.
Enlight are working on a number of projects in-house, and with several external development partners (such as Infinite Interactive, Egosoft and Haemimont Games), and the firm clearly feel that McGee's new involvement can help refine and improve their products further.
"American McGee is one of the most gifted designers in the interactive entertainment and computer games industries," enthused Trevor Chan, CEO of Enlight. "Together, we will seek out other talented designers and as a publisher, encourage and nourish their creative freedoms instead of squelching them. This is a major step forward for Enlight. Working directly with American McGee has been a goal of mine for some time."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer