Co-op Mortal Kombat game canned
Series creator Ed Boon has revealed a previously cancelled game in the franchise that featured cooperative action starring two of the series's most prominent characters.
Entitled Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice, the game was canned early in the development process Boon tells GameInformer.
"[Developer Paradox] actually started the early stages of that game, but they couldnt do it in time and under budget, so the project was cancelled and kind of went away," says Boon. The game was to focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and offer action gameplay in the vein of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.
Of course, the franchise is far from dead with Warner Bros. having picked up the rights and announcing a new game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 simply titled Mortal Kombat.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access