Co-op Mortal Kombat game canned
Series creator Ed Boon has revealed a previously cancelled game in the franchise that featured cooperative action starring two of the series's most prominent characters.
Entitled Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice, the game was canned early in the development process Boon tells GameInformer.
"[Developer Paradox] actually started the early stages of that game, but they couldnt do it in time and under budget, so the project was cancelled and kind of went away," says Boon. The game was to focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and offer action gameplay in the vein of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.
Of course, the franchise is far from dead with Warner Bros. having picked up the rights and announcing a new game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 simply titled Mortal Kombat.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey