Co-op Mortal Kombat game canned
Series creator Ed Boon has revealed a previously cancelled game in the franchise that featured cooperative action starring two of the series's most prominent characters.
Entitled Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice, the game was canned early in the development process Boon tells GameInformer.
"[Developer Paradox] actually started the early stages of that game, but they couldnt do it in time and under budget, so the project was cancelled and kind of went away," says Boon. The game was to focus on Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and offer action gameplay in the vein of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.
Of course, the franchise is far from dead with Warner Bros. having picked up the rights and announcing a new game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 simply titled Mortal Kombat.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light