Ubisoft: 3D will become the norm over the next three years
Ubisoft UK marketing man Murray Pannel has been making bold predictions on 3D uptake and the arrival of the next generation of consoles.
Pannel said that he reckons that there will be a 3D TV in every home in three years time. This goes along with his belief that the next generation of consoles will begin to arrive in the next two to three years.
Pannel said: "The truth is I think it is a technology that's coming. We can't ignore it. It'll start slowly this year. But like HDTV I wouldn't rule out the fact that this will be installed in everyone's living room in three years time, and for us to be in a position to have content that could really look absolutely amazing in 3D."
He added on the next generation of console tech: "The new hardware, if it's not new platforms coming, the things like Move, Kinect, 3DS, these will all reinvigorate the market, and I do see in the next 12 month if not growth then stabilisation before what I assume to be a new transition into new consoles probably in the next two to three years."
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC