Ubisoft: 3D will become the norm over the next three years
Ubisoft UK marketing man Murray Pannel has been making bold predictions on 3D uptake and the arrival of the next generation of consoles.
Pannel said that he reckons that there will be a 3D TV in every home in three years time. This goes along with his belief that the next generation of consoles will begin to arrive in the next two to three years.
Pannel said: "The truth is I think it is a technology that's coming. We can't ignore it. It'll start slowly this year. But like HDTV I wouldn't rule out the fact that this will be installed in everyone's living room in three years time, and for us to be in a position to have content that could really look absolutely amazing in 3D."
He added on the next generation of console tech: "The new hardware, if it's not new platforms coming, the things like Move, Kinect, 3DS, these will all reinvigorate the market, and I do see in the next 12 month if not growth then stabilisation before what I assume to be a new transition into new consoles probably in the next two to three years."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3