Ubisoft: 3D will become the norm over the next three years
Ubisoft UK marketing man Murray Pannel has been making bold predictions on 3D uptake and the arrival of the next generation of consoles.
Pannel said that he reckons that there will be a 3D TV in every home in three years time. This goes along with his belief that the next generation of consoles will begin to arrive in the next two to three years.
Pannel said: "The truth is I think it is a technology that's coming. We can't ignore it. It'll start slowly this year. But like HDTV I wouldn't rule out the fact that this will be installed in everyone's living room in three years time, and for us to be in a position to have content that could really look absolutely amazing in 3D."
He added on the next generation of console tech: "The new hardware, if it's not new platforms coming, the things like Move, Kinect, 3DS, these will all reinvigorate the market, and I do see in the next 12 month if not growth then stabilisation before what I assume to be a new transition into new consoles probably in the next two to three years."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny