Erickson: SWTOR a dream come true for Bioware fans
Daniel Erickson, the lead designer and story writer on Star Wars: The Old Republic has said that their new Star Wars MMO will be an extra-special treat for Bioware fans.
Erickson told CVG that SWTOR is the ultimate game for fans of Dragon Age and Mass Effect bringing story to MMOs in true Bioware fashion.
Erickson explains: "If you are a hardcore, traditional Bioware fan a Mass Effect or especially Dragon Quest fan this is the dream game. It is an RPG forever. It is an RPG that at the speed and pace that I play RPGs as a gamer, five ten hours a week, I could never finish this game."
"If you play as a Bounty Hunter from the first level to the last level," he continues, "and then rolled up as a smuggler, you would not see one repeated piece of content. It would be an entirely new Bioware game from start to finish that is multiple times bigger than a Mass Effect."
Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to launch somwhere around March 2011 on PC and is currently in its first round of closed beta testing.
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings