Erickson: SWTOR a dream come true for Bioware fans
Daniel Erickson, the lead designer and story writer on Star Wars: The Old Republic has said that their new Star Wars MMO will be an extra-special treat for Bioware fans.
Erickson told CVG that SWTOR is the ultimate game for fans of Dragon Age and Mass Effect bringing story to MMOs in true Bioware fashion.
Erickson explains: "If you are a hardcore, traditional Bioware fan a Mass Effect or especially Dragon Quest fan this is the dream game. It is an RPG forever. It is an RPG that at the speed and pace that I play RPGs as a gamer, five ten hours a week, I could never finish this game."
"If you play as a Bounty Hunter from the first level to the last level," he continues, "and then rolled up as a smuggler, you would not see one repeated piece of content. It would be an entirely new Bioware game from start to finish that is multiple times bigger than a Mass Effect."
Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to launch somwhere around March 2011 on PC and is currently in its first round of closed beta testing.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year