Erickson: SWTOR a dream come true for Bioware fans
Daniel Erickson, the lead designer and story writer on Star Wars: The Old Republic has said that their new Star Wars MMO will be an extra-special treat for Bioware fans.
Erickson told CVG that SWTOR is the ultimate game for fans of Dragon Age and Mass Effect bringing story to MMOs in true Bioware fashion.
Erickson explains: "If you are a hardcore, traditional Bioware fan a Mass Effect or especially Dragon Quest fan this is the dream game. It is an RPG forever. It is an RPG that at the speed and pace that I play RPGs as a gamer, five ten hours a week, I could never finish this game."
"If you play as a Bounty Hunter from the first level to the last level," he continues, "and then rolled up as a smuggler, you would not see one repeated piece of content. It would be an entirely new Bioware game from start to finish that is multiple times bigger than a Mass Effect."
Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to launch somwhere around March 2011 on PC and is currently in its first round of closed beta testing.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit