Erickson: SWTOR a dream come true for Bioware fans
Daniel Erickson, the lead designer and story writer on Star Wars: The Old Republic has said that their new Star Wars MMO will be an extra-special treat for Bioware fans.
Erickson told CVG that SWTOR is the ultimate game for fans of Dragon Age and Mass Effect bringing story to MMOs in true Bioware fashion.
Erickson explains: "If you are a hardcore, traditional Bioware fan a Mass Effect or especially Dragon Quest fan this is the dream game. It is an RPG forever. It is an RPG that at the speed and pace that I play RPGs as a gamer, five ten hours a week, I could never finish this game."
"If you play as a Bounty Hunter from the first level to the last level," he continues, "and then rolled up as a smuggler, you would not see one repeated piece of content. It would be an entirely new Bioware game from start to finish that is multiple times bigger than a Mass Effect."
Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to launch somwhere around March 2011 on PC and is currently in its first round of closed beta testing.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing