Erickson: SWTOR a dream come true for Bioware fans
Daniel Erickson, the lead designer and story writer on Star Wars: The Old Republic has said that their new Star Wars MMO will be an extra-special treat for Bioware fans.
Erickson told CVG that SWTOR is the ultimate game for fans of Dragon Age and Mass Effect bringing story to MMOs in true Bioware fashion.
Erickson explains: "If you are a hardcore, traditional Bioware fan a Mass Effect or especially Dragon Quest fan this is the dream game. It is an RPG forever. It is an RPG that at the speed and pace that I play RPGs as a gamer, five ten hours a week, I could never finish this game."
"If you play as a Bounty Hunter from the first level to the last level," he continues, "and then rolled up as a smuggler, you would not see one repeated piece of content. It would be an entirely new Bioware game from start to finish that is multiple times bigger than a Mass Effect."
Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to launch somwhere around March 2011 on PC and is currently in its first round of closed beta testing.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes