Dead Space 2 prequel creeping to downloads this autumn
Visceral Games is creating a prequel title called Dead Space Ignition that will fill in the gaps between Dead Space and Dead Space 2.
The game will tell the story of the Necromorph outbreak that precedes Isaac Clarke's arrival on the Sprawl.
Ignition is written by award-winning comic book writer Antony Johnston. The game is heavily comic-book styled and follows a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' game format.
Dead Space executive producer, Steve Papoustis explains: "Dead Space Ignition is the first of many exciting game extensions we have planned for the launch of Dead Space 2. The interactive comic-style game will give Dead Space fans a unique perspective on the events leading up to Dead Space 2, and will also introduce the storyline to a brand-new audience of gamers."
Dead Space Ignition will launch this autumn on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III