Dead Space 2 prequel creeping to downloads this autumn
Visceral Games is creating a prequel title called Dead Space Ignition that will fill in the gaps between Dead Space and Dead Space 2.
The game will tell the story of the Necromorph outbreak that precedes Isaac Clarke's arrival on the Sprawl.
Ignition is written by award-winning comic book writer Antony Johnston. The game is heavily comic-book styled and follows a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' game format.
Dead Space executive producer, Steve Papoustis explains: "Dead Space Ignition is the first of many exciting game extensions we have planned for the launch of Dead Space 2. The interactive comic-style game will give Dead Space fans a unique perspective on the events leading up to Dead Space 2, and will also introduce the storyline to a brand-new audience of gamers."
Dead Space Ignition will launch this autumn on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015