Dead Space 2 prequel creeping to downloads this autumn
Visceral Games is creating a prequel title called Dead Space Ignition that will fill in the gaps between Dead Space and Dead Space 2.
The game will tell the story of the Necromorph outbreak that precedes Isaac Clarke's arrival on the Sprawl.
Ignition is written by award-winning comic book writer Antony Johnston. The game is heavily comic-book styled and follows a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' game format.
Dead Space executive producer, Steve Papoustis explains: "Dead Space Ignition is the first of many exciting game extensions we have planned for the launch of Dead Space 2. The interactive comic-style game will give Dead Space fans a unique perspective on the events leading up to Dead Space 2, and will also introduce the storyline to a brand-new audience of gamers."
Dead Space Ignition will launch this autumn on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May