New Sam and Max canned
LucasArts revealed the distressing news today that the new Sam & Max adventure in development at the company has ceased production, crushing dreams of a point-and-click revival in the style so expertly set by previous incarnations. Unlike the Full Throttle 2 cancellation however, 'adverse market conditions' are blamed:
"After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC", explained General Manager Mike Nelson.
Hopefully this financially-guided decision won't result in the death of the genre altogether, though the developer's explanation is certainly more troubling than the 'quality control' reasons given for Full Throttle 2. Please make a new Monkey Island game, if nothing else?
Update: In typically bullish online-community fashion, a petition to save Sam and Max is already up and running, here.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light