New Sam and Max canned
LucasArts revealed the distressing news today that the new Sam & Max adventure in development at the company has ceased production, crushing dreams of a point-and-click revival in the style so expertly set by previous incarnations. Unlike the Full Throttle 2 cancellation however, 'adverse market conditions' are blamed:
"After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC", explained General Manager Mike Nelson.
Hopefully this financially-guided decision won't result in the death of the genre altogether, though the developer's explanation is certainly more troubling than the 'quality control' reasons given for Full Throttle 2. Please make a new Monkey Island game, if nothing else?
Update: In typically bullish online-community fashion, a petition to save Sam and Max is already up and running, here.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III