Japan lukewarm to 3D TV
Japanese consumers are not warming to the idea of 3D TV according to a recent survey of 8,957 consumers by Kakaku.com.
Despite the effort and cost Sony and Panasonic are investing into their 3D ranges and the 3D gaming advancements made with the PS3 67 percent of Japanese consumers where not interested in buying a 3D TV.
Of those that were not interested a whopping 70 percent were put off by the idea of wearing glasses to view 3D content whereas only 57 percent were put off by the high prices.
Sony has just launched its first salvo of 3D games on PSN with Wipeout HD, PAIN and Super Stardust being the first titles to move into the third dimension.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3