New Tomb Raider on the slate for Christmas 2011?
There is a new full Tomb Raider destined for release just in time for Christmas 2011.
According to Eurogamer's sources Crystal Dynamics is working exclusively on the Tomb Raider franchise at the moment.
The rumoured subtitle Downfall could not be confirmed but Lara Croft's next full outing will appear on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The source also revealed that Crystal dynamics have wrapped up work on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and the team that was working on that has now been absorbed into the team working on the next Tomb Raider title.
The details of a leaked document from July 2009 which outlined the story of the new game as a reboot that goes back to before the original Tomb Raider and follows Lara as she explores a series of tombs in a small coastal island off the Japanese mainland, have also confirmed as true by the source.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3