New Tomb Raider on the slate for Christmas 2011?
There is a new full Tomb Raider destined for release just in time for Christmas 2011.
According to Eurogamer's sources Crystal Dynamics is working exclusively on the Tomb Raider franchise at the moment.
The rumoured subtitle Downfall could not be confirmed but Lara Croft's next full outing will appear on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The source also revealed that Crystal dynamics have wrapped up work on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and the team that was working on that has now been absorbed into the team working on the next Tomb Raider title.
The details of a leaked document from July 2009 which outlined the story of the new game as a reboot that goes back to before the original Tomb Raider and follows Lara as she explores a series of tombs in a small coastal island off the Japanese mainland, have also confirmed as true by the source.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year