New Tomb Raider on the slate for Christmas 2011?
There is a new full Tomb Raider destined for release just in time for Christmas 2011.
According to Eurogamer's sources Crystal Dynamics is working exclusively on the Tomb Raider franchise at the moment.
The rumoured subtitle Downfall could not be confirmed but Lara Croft's next full outing will appear on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The source also revealed that Crystal dynamics have wrapped up work on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and the team that was working on that has now been absorbed into the team working on the next Tomb Raider title.
The details of a leaked document from July 2009 which outlined the story of the new game as a reboot that goes back to before the original Tomb Raider and follows Lara as she explores a series of tombs in a small coastal island off the Japanese mainland, have also confirmed as true by the source.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive