New Tomb Raider on the slate for Christmas 2011?
There is a new full Tomb Raider destined for release just in time for Christmas 2011.
According to Eurogamer's sources Crystal Dynamics is working exclusively on the Tomb Raider franchise at the moment.
The rumoured subtitle Downfall could not be confirmed but Lara Croft's next full outing will appear on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The source also revealed that Crystal dynamics have wrapped up work on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and the team that was working on that has now been absorbed into the team working on the next Tomb Raider title.
The details of a leaked document from July 2009 which outlined the story of the new game as a reboot that goes back to before the original Tomb Raider and follows Lara as she explores a series of tombs in a small coastal island off the Japanese mainland, have also confirmed as true by the source.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto