New Tomb Raider on the slate for Christmas 2011?
There is a new full Tomb Raider destined for release just in time for Christmas 2011.
According to Eurogamer's sources Crystal Dynamics is working exclusively on the Tomb Raider franchise at the moment.
The rumoured subtitle Downfall could not be confirmed but Lara Croft's next full outing will appear on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The source also revealed that Crystal dynamics have wrapped up work on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and the team that was working on that has now been absorbed into the team working on the next Tomb Raider title.
The details of a leaked document from July 2009 which outlined the story of the new game as a reboot that goes back to before the original Tomb Raider and follows Lara as she explores a series of tombs in a small coastal island off the Japanese mainland, have also confirmed as true by the source.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing