Epic: We've not abandoned the PC
Epic's Mark Rein has been tacking the stigma that they have develoed over the course of the current console generation that they're not PC developers any more.
In an interview with PC blog Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Rein goes to great length to try and dispell what he calls the "myth that we've abandoned the PC."
While it cannot be denied that Gears of War is a console-only product Rein stresses that the Unreal Development Kit (their proprietary engine) is very much a PC endeavour.
Rein says to the question of Epic being PC-resistant: "Not at all resistant. Weve released an update to the Unreal Development Kit every single month, with huge amounts of changes and improvements which are obviously going into our engine and making them available to customers, weve tested them on PC."
Rein adds emphatically: "Don't confuse Gears of War with everything we do. Theres a tendency to think that because we wanna do one thing really, really well and not a hundred things really poorly or just okay that were less committed. Bulletstorm is PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and youll see when it comes out, it will be a full-blown, oh-my-god amazing PC game. I wouldnt draw the comparisons there."
In support of what Mark Rein is saying the biggest PC release of the summer, Realtime Worlds' APB which a launches tomorrow in the UK is powered by the current Unreal Engine.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer