Epic: We've not abandoned the PC
Epic's Mark Rein has been tacking the stigma that they have develoed over the course of the current console generation that they're not PC developers any more.
In an interview with PC blog Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Rein goes to great length to try and dispell what he calls the "myth that we've abandoned the PC."
While it cannot be denied that Gears of War is a console-only product Rein stresses that the Unreal Development Kit (their proprietary engine) is very much a PC endeavour.
Rein says to the question of Epic being PC-resistant: "Not at all resistant. Weve released an update to the Unreal Development Kit every single month, with huge amounts of changes and improvements which are obviously going into our engine and making them available to customers, weve tested them on PC."
Rein adds emphatically: "Don't confuse Gears of War with everything we do. Theres a tendency to think that because we wanna do one thing really, really well and not a hundred things really poorly or just okay that were less committed. Bulletstorm is PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and youll see when it comes out, it will be a full-blown, oh-my-god amazing PC game. I wouldnt draw the comparisons there."
In support of what Mark Rein is saying the biggest PC release of the summer, Realtime Worlds' APB which a launches tomorrow in the UK is powered by the current Unreal Engine.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage