Epic: We've not abandoned the PC
Epic's Mark Rein has been tacking the stigma that they have develoed over the course of the current console generation that they're not PC developers any more.
In an interview with PC blog Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Rein goes to great length to try and dispell what he calls the "myth that we've abandoned the PC."
While it cannot be denied that Gears of War is a console-only product Rein stresses that the Unreal Development Kit (their proprietary engine) is very much a PC endeavour.
Rein says to the question of Epic being PC-resistant: "Not at all resistant. Weve released an update to the Unreal Development Kit every single month, with huge amounts of changes and improvements which are obviously going into our engine and making them available to customers, weve tested them on PC."
Rein adds emphatically: "Don't confuse Gears of War with everything we do. Theres a tendency to think that because we wanna do one thing really, really well and not a hundred things really poorly or just okay that were less committed. Bulletstorm is PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and youll see when it comes out, it will be a full-blown, oh-my-god amazing PC game. I wouldnt draw the comparisons there."
In support of what Mark Rein is saying the biggest PC release of the summer, Realtime Worlds' APB which a launches tomorrow in the UK is powered by the current Unreal Engine.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan