Bioware: Price will make or break Kinect and Move
Bioware's Greg Zeschuck has voiced his concerns over the pricing of Microsoft and Sony's new motion controllers.
Zeschuck pointed out at E3 in an interview with Eurogamer that Kinect and Move will fail to make a mark on the industry is the price is too high. He added that they would have to wait and see how the echnologies are recieved before Bioware would commit to developing for them.
Zeschuck said: I love the no controller element but its going to come down to execution, how precise and how good it is.
With regard to all these things, I worry about price points," continued Zeschuck. "Ray [Muzyka, BioWare CEO] and I work on both the development and the business side, so were excited from a game design perspective but we also look at the practical reality of making these technologies successful. If the price is too high, they wont take off.
GAME in the UK has already cut the price of the main Move controller from 39.99 GBP to 34.99 GBP. Kinect is still rumoured to be priced at 150 USD with a formal price coming at Gamescom in August.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny