Molyneux: Little difference between Move and the Wii
Peter Molyneux has expressed 'concern' that there seems to be little difference between Sony's PlayStation Move controller and the Wii.
In an interview with UGO, Molyneux says that he finds it hard to tell the difference between the two control systems.
Molyneux explained: "I find it hard in my mind to differentiate between the Sony Move and the Wii. They seem very similar in their scope. I know Sony and Nintendo would argue that they are different, but they kind of seem the same."
Naturally he compares both to Kinect adding: "They enable certain sorts of experiences, and they are analogous to Kinect. And this is not me talking as a Microsoft employee, this is me talking as a designer, but I have to take my hat off to Microsoft. Because they really did go one step beyond what they needed to do. It would be very easy for them to have created something like the Wii, but instead they did go that extra mile and they said, "No, we're going to make that huge step." I think the real benefits are going to be shown in the next wave of titles that come out."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3