No 3D for the PSP 2
Sony Worldwide Studios VP Scott Rohde has played down any talk of 3D support in the next generation of PSP.
Rohde told Industry Gamers at E3 that the PSP's successor is not due to be announced right now and it will not feature 3D.
When asked if Sony would follow Nintendo's lead and introduce 3D to their next handheld Rohde said: "No, no plans for that." On the PSP 2 question he added: "Its just not something were announcing right now. Its just as simple as that. Its all I can tell you."
Comments by Kaz Hirai head of SCE from earlier this year supported the 3D question. Hirai said: "Based off internally conducted research, naked-eye 3D for portables does not have high precision, and at present there are limitations."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter