Techland shows off their new physically-based lighting system for Dying Light
Techland has released a new video showing off their brand new physically-based lighting system developed for Dying Light.
The new lighting system is part of latest version their in-house Chrome game Engine (Chrome 6) which has powered Call Of Juarez and Dead Island games on the current generation.
This new lighting system is designed to create some of the most realistic lighting effects yet which is crucial given that a large part of Dying Light's gameplay mechanics revolves around the game's day-night cycle.
Dying Light is in development on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC and is due out some time in 2014.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3