No Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox 360
The game's producer, Hiromichi Tanaka, has said that there are no plans for a 360 version of Final Fantasy XIV.
Tanaka told RPG Site that whilst Square Enix are in talks with Microsoft over an Xbox 360 version of the game it is not currently in development.
He also dropped another bombshell in the interview and that was in relation to the graphics. Only the PC version of the game will be able to run in 1080p due to performance concerns.
Tanaka said: "The PS3 version will be running in 720p in order to ensure performance remains high quality, but the PC version can go up to 1080p if your machine is powerful enough. We also support multiple displays, so players can use two or three displays to show the game."
He also added that they hoped that the game would be out by the end of the year saying: "That is the plan. In fact, we were planning to bring the director, Komoto-san to this interview as well, but he had to remain in Japan to work on the game, so it is really at a critical finishing stage at the moment."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell