No Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox 360
The game's producer, Hiromichi Tanaka, has said that there are no plans for a 360 version of Final Fantasy XIV.
Tanaka told RPG Site that whilst Square Enix are in talks with Microsoft over an Xbox 360 version of the game it is not currently in development.
He also dropped another bombshell in the interview and that was in relation to the graphics. Only the PC version of the game will be able to run in 1080p due to performance concerns.
Tanaka said: "The PS3 version will be running in 720p in order to ensure performance remains high quality, but the PC version can go up to 1080p if your machine is powerful enough. We also support multiple displays, so players can use two or three displays to show the game."
He also added that they hoped that the game would be out by the end of the year saying: "That is the plan. In fact, we were planning to bring the director, Komoto-san to this interview as well, but he had to remain in Japan to work on the game, so it is really at a critical finishing stage at the moment."
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015