Sonic Adventure not widescreen on XBLA and PSN
News from last week's E3 seems to indicate that Sonic Adventure will be restricted to a 4:3 aspect ration on PSN and XBLA.
A conversation between Joystiq and SEGA's reps at their E3 booth uncovered that they had problems adapting the code for Sonic Adventure so that the game would run in widescreen.
This problem was seemingly insurmountable and as a result the game will remain in a standard 4:3 aspect ration when it releases in the autumn.
That said, the game still looks great even after 10 years.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3