Id Software and NVIDIA unite
In a deal not entirely dissimilar to the arrangement between ATI and Valve concerning Half-Life 2, NVIDIA have today confirmed a new endorsement agreement with Id Software involving Doom 3, which will see new graphics hardware embellished with "Recommended by id Software for Doom III". The game itself will no doubt also carry NVIDIA's "The way it's meant to be played" slogan, or similar 'advice'.
"NVIDIA is pleased to announce that id Software recommends the GeForce FX family of graphics processing units for DOOM 3. The rich feature set and programmability of GeForce FX GPUs enable the gripping world of DOOM 3 to come to life with real-time dynamic lighting and shadow, while raw horsepower delivers non-stop multi-player action at lightning-fast frame rates," enthuses the official spiel, adding "Look for this sticker on video cards equipped with a GeForce FX GPU, and witness the mind-blowing detail of the DOOM 3 experience - the way it's meant to be played."
Of course, a top-end card from either of the graphics hardware industry's major players is bound to cut it in either Half-Life 2 or Doom III anyhow - which really makes such marketing initiatives as this little more than a load of hot air. Ho-hum.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year