Id Software and NVIDIA unite
In a deal not entirely dissimilar to the arrangement between ATI and Valve concerning Half-Life 2, NVIDIA have today confirmed a new endorsement agreement with Id Software involving Doom 3, which will see new graphics hardware embellished with "Recommended by id Software for Doom III". The game itself will no doubt also carry NVIDIA's "The way it's meant to be played" slogan, or similar 'advice'.
"NVIDIA is pleased to announce that id Software recommends the GeForce FX family of graphics processing units for DOOM 3. The rich feature set and programmability of GeForce FX GPUs enable the gripping world of DOOM 3 to come to life with real-time dynamic lighting and shadow, while raw horsepower delivers non-stop multi-player action at lightning-fast frame rates," enthuses the official spiel, adding "Look for this sticker on video cards equipped with a GeForce FX GPU, and witness the mind-blowing detail of the DOOM 3 experience - the way it's meant to be played."
Of course, a top-end card from either of the graphics hardware industry's major players is bound to cut it in either Half-Life 2 or Doom III anyhow - which really makes such marketing initiatives as this little more than a load of hot air. Ho-hum.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon