Time not right to develop Kingdom Hearts 3
With the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3DS and the demonstration of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded at E3 hope has been building for an announcement on Kingdom Hearts 3.
The series creator, Tetsuya Nomura, has moved to burst that bubble of hope telling 1UP that the timing was not right to begin developing the title.
Nomura explained: "If there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3 in the future, it will probably be on a console platform, but the thing is that there is the idea and desire to create Kingdom Hearts 3, but the opportunity has not come yet."
"I'm under pressure from fans, from Disney, and from the internal Square Enix team as well, because they're all awaiting Kingdom Hearts 3," Nomura continued. "So I'm aware of it, and I don't hide my desire for one day creating a Kingdom Hearts 3 in the future."
He added: "The problem is that the major staff that had contributed to the Kingdom Hearts development is very busy right now developing Final Fantasy Versus. And the new development team who was in charge of creating Birth By Sleep is also busy creating Kingdom Hearts 3DS. So, the timing is not here yet, but when the time has come, for sure we will try to elaborate the concept."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today