Microsoft: Kinect priced by Gamescom
Microsoft has said at E3 that they will reveal the pricing for Kinect by August's Gamescom.
The software giant's German Entertainment and Devices manager, Oliver Kaltner gave the news in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz saying that they didn't want the price to detract from the merits of the system.
Kaltner explained: "I believe that the price point is not the critical topic, but something you need at the end of the communication in order to place a product properly into a market. From that standpoint pricing is an important topic for our target groups, our partners and, of course, also for us."
He continued: "I also think it is the right decision not to determine price points now, because it distracts completely from our actual core story with all its possibilities in the area of gaming, movie, music and social entertainment. We firmly believe that we can offer an unique innovation."
"Being responsible for the business in Germany," added Kaltner, "it comes in handy to still have a certain flexibility. In eight weeks we are at Gamescom and we will know the price not later than that, because we will start to sell [to retail]."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto