Microsoft: Kinect priced by Gamescom
Microsoft has said at E3 that they will reveal the pricing for Kinect by August's Gamescom.
The software giant's German Entertainment and Devices manager, Oliver Kaltner gave the news in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz saying that they didn't want the price to detract from the merits of the system.
Kaltner explained: "I believe that the price point is not the critical topic, but something you need at the end of the communication in order to place a product properly into a market. From that standpoint pricing is an important topic for our target groups, our partners and, of course, also for us."
He continued: "I also think it is the right decision not to determine price points now, because it distracts completely from our actual core story with all its possibilities in the area of gaming, movie, music and social entertainment. We firmly believe that we can offer an unique innovation."
"Being responsible for the business in Germany," added Kaltner, "it comes in handy to still have a certain flexibility. In eight weeks we are at Gamescom and we will know the price not later than that, because we will start to sell [to retail]."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone