Microsoft: Kinect priced by Gamescom
Microsoft has said at E3 that they will reveal the pricing for Kinect by August's Gamescom.
The software giant's German Entertainment and Devices manager, Oliver Kaltner gave the news in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz saying that they didn't want the price to detract from the merits of the system.
Kaltner explained: "I believe that the price point is not the critical topic, but something you need at the end of the communication in order to place a product properly into a market. From that standpoint pricing is an important topic for our target groups, our partners and, of course, also for us."
He continued: "I also think it is the right decision not to determine price points now, because it distracts completely from our actual core story with all its possibilities in the area of gaming, movie, music and social entertainment. We firmly believe that we can offer an unique innovation."
"Being responsible for the business in Germany," added Kaltner, "it comes in handy to still have a certain flexibility. In eight weeks we are at Gamescom and we will know the price not later than that, because we will start to sell [to retail]."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3