Microsoft: Kinect priced by Gamescom
Microsoft has said at E3 that they will reveal the pricing for Kinect by August's Gamescom.
The software giant's German Entertainment and Devices manager, Oliver Kaltner gave the news in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz saying that they didn't want the price to detract from the merits of the system.
Kaltner explained: "I believe that the price point is not the critical topic, but something you need at the end of the communication in order to place a product properly into a market. From that standpoint pricing is an important topic for our target groups, our partners and, of course, also for us."
He continued: "I also think it is the right decision not to determine price points now, because it distracts completely from our actual core story with all its possibilities in the area of gaming, movie, music and social entertainment. We firmly believe that we can offer an unique innovation."
"Being responsible for the business in Germany," added Kaltner, "it comes in handy to still have a certain flexibility. In eight weeks we are at Gamescom and we will know the price not later than that, because we will start to sell [to retail]."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light