Vanquish boosts off in October
SEGA has announced a release window for Platinum Games latest title, Vanquish.
The brainchild of Resident Evil creator, Shinji Mikami, Vanquish will storm the high street this October.
The E3 footage of Vanquish shows the game to be crammed with Platinum's trademark frenetic action gameplay they made so famous with the high-scoring Bayonetta.
Vanquish does depart from Bayonetta, by moving to a more Gears of War-style third-person shooter placing humanity's fate in the hands of the player.
The game follows Sam Gideon, an elite agent kitted out with a cutting-edge suit of armour, as he attempts to infiltrate a space station armed with a weapon that has the potential to destroy the human race.
The action uses a combination of shooting from cover and martial arts, sometimes in zero-gravity, as Gideon wades through a horde of robotic enemies to save the planet.
Vanquish will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO