Vanquish boosts off in October
SEGA has announced a release window for Platinum Games latest title, Vanquish.
The brainchild of Resident Evil creator, Shinji Mikami, Vanquish will storm the high street this October.
The E3 footage of Vanquish shows the game to be crammed with Platinum's trademark frenetic action gameplay they made so famous with the high-scoring Bayonetta.
Vanquish does depart from Bayonetta, by moving to a more Gears of War-style third-person shooter placing humanity's fate in the hands of the player.
The game follows Sam Gideon, an elite agent kitted out with a cutting-edge suit of armour, as he attempts to infiltrate a space station armed with a weapon that has the potential to destroy the human race.
The action uses a combination of shooting from cover and martial arts, sometimes in zero-gravity, as Gideon wades through a horde of robotic enemies to save the planet.
Vanquish will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title