Vanquish boosts off in October
SEGA has announced a release window for Platinum Games latest title, Vanquish.
The brainchild of Resident Evil creator, Shinji Mikami, Vanquish will storm the high street this October.
The E3 footage of Vanquish shows the game to be crammed with Platinum's trademark frenetic action gameplay they made so famous with the high-scoring Bayonetta.
Vanquish does depart from Bayonetta, by moving to a more Gears of War-style third-person shooter placing humanity's fate in the hands of the player.
The game follows Sam Gideon, an elite agent kitted out with a cutting-edge suit of armour, as he attempts to infiltrate a space station armed with a weapon that has the potential to destroy the human race.
The action uses a combination of shooting from cover and martial arts, sometimes in zero-gravity, as Gideon wades through a horde of robotic enemies to save the planet.
Vanquish will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold