Vanquish boosts off in October
SEGA has announced a release window for Platinum Games latest title, Vanquish.
The brainchild of Resident Evil creator, Shinji Mikami, Vanquish will storm the high street this October.
The E3 footage of Vanquish shows the game to be crammed with Platinum's trademark frenetic action gameplay they made so famous with the high-scoring Bayonetta.
Vanquish does depart from Bayonetta, by moving to a more Gears of War-style third-person shooter placing humanity's fate in the hands of the player.
The game follows Sam Gideon, an elite agent kitted out with a cutting-edge suit of armour, as he attempts to infiltrate a space station armed with a weapon that has the potential to destroy the human race.
The action uses a combination of shooting from cover and martial arts, sometimes in zero-gravity, as Gideon wades through a horde of robotic enemies to save the planet.
Vanquish will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny