Kojima Productions discusses the sword in MGS: Rising
The production team from Kojima Productions appeared at the Konami press conference to talk a bit about MGS: Rising.
As well as the amazing cutting dynamic with the sword shown off at the Microsoft press conference they discuss an absorbtion mechanic that the game employs.
The game is all about slicing up your enemies strategically and then taking out the correct parts of your cyborg opponents so that you can absorb energy and information from their parts.
MGS: Rising encourages more accurate sword use as misplaced slashes will disable the components that you may need to absorb.
Players will now be able to cut at will, either completely disembowelling opponents or disabling them with strategic amputations.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive