Kojima Productions discusses the sword in MGS: Rising
The production team from Kojima Productions appeared at the Konami press conference to talk a bit about MGS: Rising.
As well as the amazing cutting dynamic with the sword shown off at the Microsoft press conference they discuss an absorbtion mechanic that the game employs.
The game is all about slicing up your enemies strategically and then taking out the correct parts of your cyborg opponents so that you can absorb energy and information from their parts.
MGS: Rising encourages more accurate sword use as misplaced slashes will disable the components that you may need to absorb.
Players will now be able to cut at will, either completely disembowelling opponents or disabling them with strategic amputations.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer