Kojima Productions discusses the sword in MGS: Rising
The production team from Kojima Productions appeared at the Konami press conference to talk a bit about MGS: Rising.
As well as the amazing cutting dynamic with the sword shown off at the Microsoft press conference they discuss an absorbtion mechanic that the game employs.
The game is all about slicing up your enemies strategically and then taking out the correct parts of your cyborg opponents so that you can absorb energy and information from their parts.
MGS: Rising encourages more accurate sword use as misplaced slashes will disable the components that you may need to absorb.
Players will now be able to cut at will, either completely disembowelling opponents or disabling them with strategic amputations.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year