Kojima Productions discusses the sword in MGS: Rising
The production team from Kojima Productions appeared at the Konami press conference to talk a bit about MGS: Rising.
As well as the amazing cutting dynamic with the sword shown off at the Microsoft press conference they discuss an absorbtion mechanic that the game employs.
The game is all about slicing up your enemies strategically and then taking out the correct parts of your cyborg opponents so that you can absorb energy and information from their parts.
MGS: Rising encourages more accurate sword use as misplaced slashes will disable the components that you may need to absorb.
Players will now be able to cut at will, either completely disembowelling opponents or disabling them with strategic amputations.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side