Kojima Productions discusses the sword in MGS: Rising
The production team from Kojima Productions appeared at the Konami press conference to talk a bit about MGS: Rising.
As well as the amazing cutting dynamic with the sword shown off at the Microsoft press conference they discuss an absorbtion mechanic that the game employs.
The game is all about slicing up your enemies strategically and then taking out the correct parts of your cyborg opponents so that you can absorb energy and information from their parts.
MGS: Rising encourages more accurate sword use as misplaced slashes will disable the components that you may need to absorb.
Players will now be able to cut at will, either completely disembowelling opponents or disabling them with strategic amputations.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3