Silent Hill returns next year
Konami has unveiled the next Silent Hill game for Xbox 360 and PS3 due out next year.
Konami promises to return in the next game to what makes the game so special - namely ditching all the bad stuff from Homecoming and stepping back to the kind of naked storytelling and atmosphere building seen in the original titles and Wii title Shattered Memories.
The gameplay footage shows a very dynamic use of the torch in the new game not dissimilar to that of Alan Wake but also in a style very similar to Silent Hill fans.
They also announced that Dan Licht, the composer of the music for Dexter has created the music for the new Silent Hill title.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3