Proper to create DLC for Crackdown 2
Dundee developers Proper Games and Ruffian have announced a partnership that will see Proper producing paid downloadable content for Crackdown 2.
Proper's Paddy Sinclair alluded to their involvement when we spoke to him at last month's Game in Scotland.
Sinclair said: "We're getting to bypass a lot of what ground us down about AAA development. We're getting to do the fun bit. We're putting the same level of emphasis on quality that is part of the company ethos... Whilst it's an established franchise we hope that a certain amount of Proper will shine through."
Proper COO Chris Wright said of the announcement: "We are very excited and honoured to be working with Ruffian and Microsoft on Crackdown 2 PDLC, said Chris Wright, COO at Proper Games, The original game pushed the PDLC and set the benchmark for what is now expected. Our aim is to continue this tradition and deliver extra content that meets and exceeds the fans expectations."
Proper Games have a small but impressive back catalogue that includes XBLA and PSN titles like Flock! and the extremely capable Capcom remaster Final Fight Double Impact.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side