Proper to create DLC for Crackdown 2
Dundee developers Proper Games and Ruffian have announced a partnership that will see Proper producing paid downloadable content for Crackdown 2.
Proper's Paddy Sinclair alluded to their involvement when we spoke to him at last month's Game in Scotland.
Sinclair said: "We're getting to bypass a lot of what ground us down about AAA development. We're getting to do the fun bit. We're putting the same level of emphasis on quality that is part of the company ethos... Whilst it's an established franchise we hope that a certain amount of Proper will shine through."
Proper COO Chris Wright said of the announcement: "We are very excited and honoured to be working with Ruffian and Microsoft on Crackdown 2 PDLC, said Chris Wright, COO at Proper Games, The original game pushed the PDLC and set the benchmark for what is now expected. Our aim is to continue this tradition and deliver extra content that meets and exceeds the fans expectations."
Proper Games have a small but impressive back catalogue that includes XBLA and PSN titles like Flock! and the extremely capable Capcom remaster Final Fight Double Impact.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3