Proper to create DLC for Crackdown 2
Dundee developers Proper Games and Ruffian have announced a partnership that will see Proper producing paid downloadable content for Crackdown 2.
Proper's Paddy Sinclair alluded to their involvement when we spoke to him at last month's Game in Scotland.
Sinclair said: "We're getting to bypass a lot of what ground us down about AAA development. We're getting to do the fun bit. We're putting the same level of emphasis on quality that is part of the company ethos... Whilst it's an established franchise we hope that a certain amount of Proper will shine through."
Proper COO Chris Wright said of the announcement: "We are very excited and honoured to be working with Ruffian and Microsoft on Crackdown 2 PDLC, said Chris Wright, COO at Proper Games, The original game pushed the PDLC and set the benchmark for what is now expected. Our aim is to continue this tradition and deliver extra content that meets and exceeds the fans expectations."
Proper Games have a small but impressive back catalogue that includes XBLA and PSN titles like Flock! and the extremely capable Capcom remaster Final Fight Double Impact.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year