Steam coming to PS3
Valve executive Gabe Newell has appeared as a surprise guest in Sony's press conference.
Newell announced that Valve will be bringing Portal 2 to the PS3 - with added Steam support.
Portal 2 on the PS3 will feature all of the usual Steamworks features including Steam Cloud, auto-updates and downloadable content, making the PS3 version "the best console version of the game."
The announcement marks a stark turnaround from Valve's initial extremely negative attitude towards developing for the PS3.
Newell said: "When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics. However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game."
Portal 2 has been delayed until 2011.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto