Steam coming to PS3
Valve executive Gabe Newell has appeared as a surprise guest in Sony's press conference.
Newell announced that Valve will be bringing Portal 2 to the PS3 - with added Steam support.
Portal 2 on the PS3 will feature all of the usual Steamworks features including Steam Cloud, auto-updates and downloadable content, making the PS3 version "the best console version of the game."
The announcement marks a stark turnaround from Valve's initial extremely negative attitude towards developing for the PS3.
Newell said: "When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics. However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game."
Portal 2 has been delayed until 2011.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access