Steam coming to PS3
Valve executive Gabe Newell has appeared as a surprise guest in Sony's press conference.
Newell announced that Valve will be bringing Portal 2 to the PS3 - with added Steam support.
Portal 2 on the PS3 will feature all of the usual Steamworks features including Steam Cloud, auto-updates and downloadable content, making the PS3 version "the best console version of the game."
The announcement marks a stark turnaround from Valve's initial extremely negative attitude towards developing for the PS3.
Newell said: "When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics. However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game."
Portal 2 has been delayed until 2011.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter