Steam coming to PS3
Valve executive Gabe Newell has appeared as a surprise guest in Sony's press conference.
Newell announced that Valve will be bringing Portal 2 to the PS3 - with added Steam support.
Portal 2 on the PS3 will feature all of the usual Steamworks features including Steam Cloud, auto-updates and downloadable content, making the PS3 version "the best console version of the game."
The announcement marks a stark turnaround from Valve's initial extremely negative attitude towards developing for the PS3.
Newell said: "When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics. However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game."
Portal 2 has been delayed until 2011.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive