Steam coming to PS3
Valve executive Gabe Newell has appeared as a surprise guest in Sony's press conference.
Newell announced that Valve will be bringing Portal 2 to the PS3 - with added Steam support.
Portal 2 on the PS3 will feature all of the usual Steamworks features including Steam Cloud, auto-updates and downloadable content, making the PS3 version "the best console version of the game."
The announcement marks a stark turnaround from Valve's initial extremely negative attitude towards developing for the PS3.
Newell said: "When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics. However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game."
Portal 2 has been delayed until 2011.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015