Wii gets Mario Sports, DS gets Golden Sun
Speaking today about Nintendo's ambition new titles, based on 'universal appeal', Reggie Fils-Aime told E3 that big sporting franchises like Madden NFL, Pro Evolution Soccer, MLB 2K and NBA Jam are set for the Wii.
These big titles will be joined by Mario Sports Mix - a compilation that apparently includes volleyball, ice hockey, dodgeball, basketball and more - amid gameplay that puts a spin on these traditional activities.
The new compilation is due in 2011, and Fils-Aime held up the range as an example of the Wii's ongoing strength.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was also revealed for the DS by the big wig, a top-down RPG, with heavy stylisation being the order of the day. Turn-based battles in full 3D are mooted, and the gamr will be out this Christmas.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch