Miyamoto confirms Zelda: Skyward Sword at E3
During Nintendo's E3 briefing this morning, veteran game designer Shigeru Miyamoto took to the stage to show off the Wii's new Zelda game.
The visually impressive title, which sees Link mixing cell-shading with realistic touches is to be called The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
The game sports an interesting control scheme, based around gestures - allowing users to control the sword and shield. MotionPlus will add realism to swordplay, and Link's use of items, too.
Miyamoto took on a variety of enemies during the demonstration, showing off various control schemes - although it did look like the build in question suffered a couple of technical glitches along the way.
More Zelda soon.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week