Slimline Xbox 360 out this week
A 'sleeker, smaller and whisper quiet' Xbox 360 console has been unveiled at Microsoft's E3 2010 briefing. The big surprise? The new look console is shipping to retailers in North America this week.
The console bundles in a 250Gb disk, built in WiFi and will come at the same retail price - 299 USD in the United States. Don Mattrick lifted the lid on the new system, by pulling it from beneath the shell of the existing console. Black and shiny seems to be the theme.
The console promises support for 802.11N wireless internet - the fastest standard available. Retailers will begin receiving the hardware tomorrow, with releases expected in many places by the end of the week.
What this means for the old model remains to be seen, but in a nice twist briefing attendees were also told that they will be receiving the new look Xbox 360 before the week is out.
We'll have word on other regions just as soon as we can.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update