Slimline Xbox 360 out this week
A 'sleeker, smaller and whisper quiet' Xbox 360 console has been unveiled at Microsoft's E3 2010 briefing. The big surprise? The new look console is shipping to retailers in North America this week.
The console bundles in a 250Gb disk, built in WiFi and will come at the same retail price - 299 USD in the United States. Don Mattrick lifted the lid on the new system, by pulling it from beneath the shell of the existing console. Black and shiny seems to be the theme.
The console promises support for 802.11N wireless internet - the fastest standard available. Retailers will begin receiving the hardware tomorrow, with releases expected in many places by the end of the week.
What this means for the old model remains to be seen, but in a nice twist briefing attendees were also told that they will be receiving the new look Xbox 360 before the week is out.
We'll have word on other regions just as soon as we can.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer