Kinect works beyond games
Microsoft has integrated Kinect into the Xbox Dashboard as well allowing full hands-free control.
As well as logging into Xbox Live with the wave of your hand, Kinect will recognise you from and log on to your account.
Gestures are not the only way that you can control you 360 with Kinect. Voice control allows you to select what Xbox feature to use and play and pause video and audio.
Kinect also incorporates video calling into the MSN Messenger features on Xbox Live but also allows you to check up and share news and video whilst still on a video call.
Kinect also has a motor in it allowing it to follow you if you need to move around the room.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May