Kinect works beyond games
Microsoft has integrated Kinect into the Xbox Dashboard as well allowing full hands-free control.
As well as logging into Xbox Live with the wave of your hand, Kinect will recognise you from and log on to your account.
Gestures are not the only way that you can control you 360 with Kinect. Voice control allows you to select what Xbox feature to use and play and pause video and audio.
Kinect also incorporates video calling into the MSN Messenger features on Xbox Live but also allows you to check up and share news and video whilst still on a video call.
Kinect also has a motor in it allowing it to follow you if you need to move around the room.
- BioShock hits iPhone and iPad devices today
- Shadow Warrior next-gen release pushed back
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta