Kinect works beyond games
Microsoft has integrated Kinect into the Xbox Dashboard as well allowing full hands-free control.
As well as logging into Xbox Live with the wave of your hand, Kinect will recognise you from and log on to your account.
Gestures are not the only way that you can control you 360 with Kinect. Voice control allows you to select what Xbox feature to use and play and pause video and audio.
Kinect also incorporates video calling into the MSN Messenger features on Xbox Live but also allows you to check up and share news and video whilst still on a video call.
Kinect also has a motor in it allowing it to follow you if you need to move around the room.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though