Kinect works beyond games
Microsoft has integrated Kinect into the Xbox Dashboard as well allowing full hands-free control.
As well as logging into Xbox Live with the wave of your hand, Kinect will recognise you from and log on to your account.
Gestures are not the only way that you can control you 360 with Kinect. Voice control allows you to select what Xbox feature to use and play and pause video and audio.
Kinect also incorporates video calling into the MSN Messenger features on Xbox Live but also allows you to check up and share news and video whilst still on a video call.
Kinect also has a motor in it allowing it to follow you if you need to move around the room.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny