Kinect works beyond games
Microsoft has integrated Kinect into the Xbox Dashboard as well allowing full hands-free control.
As well as logging into Xbox Live with the wave of your hand, Kinect will recognise you from and log on to your account.
Gestures are not the only way that you can control you 360 with Kinect. Voice control allows you to select what Xbox feature to use and play and pause video and audio.
Kinect also incorporates video calling into the MSN Messenger features on Xbox Live but also allows you to check up and share news and video whilst still on a video call.
Kinect also has a motor in it allowing it to follow you if you need to move around the room.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date