Xbox 360 lands CoD DLC early
Don Mattrick took to the stage at Microsoft's E3 2010 briefing, opening the conference to confirm a multi-year, multi-title deal with Activision. The deal follows on from current tie-ups, giving Xbox 360 gamers early access to downloadable Call of Duty content.
As with Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops' DLC will appear on the Xbox 360 ahead of the PC and PS3 - although the exact duration of this exclusivity period remains unclear.
The deal, however, will last until at least 2012 so it seems reasonable to assume Microsoft have nabbed first-dibs on the downloadable content for at least the next three or four Call of Duty releases.
More from E3 as we get it.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date