Xbox 360 lands CoD DLC early
Don Mattrick took to the stage at Microsoft's E3 2010 briefing, opening the conference to confirm a multi-year, multi-title deal with Activision. The deal follows on from current tie-ups, giving Xbox 360 gamers early access to downloadable Call of Duty content.
As with Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops' DLC will appear on the Xbox 360 ahead of the PC and PS3 - although the exact duration of this exclusivity period remains unclear.
The deal, however, will last until at least 2012 so it seems reasonable to assume Microsoft have nabbed first-dibs on the downloadable content for at least the next three or four Call of Duty releases.
More from E3 as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny