Xbox 360 lands CoD DLC early
Don Mattrick took to the stage at Microsoft's E3 2010 briefing, opening the conference to confirm a multi-year, multi-title deal with Activision. The deal follows on from current tie-ups, giving Xbox 360 gamers early access to downloadable Call of Duty content.
As with Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops' DLC will appear on the Xbox 360 ahead of the PC and PS3 - although the exact duration of this exclusivity period remains unclear.
The deal, however, will last until at least 2012 so it seems reasonable to assume Microsoft have nabbed first-dibs on the downloadable content for at least the next three or four Call of Duty releases.
More from E3 as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto