Official: Natal is Kinect, Star Wars game spied
During an entertaining and occasionally bizarre pre-E3 showing, Microsoft employed the acrobatic services of the Cirque du Soleil to officially unveil their motion control system as 'Kinect'.
As rumoured earlier today, the system that formerly went by the name of Natal will henceforth be called Kinect, although Microsoft declined to offer any dating or pricing for the system - which may now appear in tomorrow's official E3 briefing.
Beyond the official product name, the show also saw us witness a number of games in action - including a sports compilation, a Yoga title, an impressive dance game, some white water rafting fun, a racer and a number of other casually-positioned mini-games.
A Disney hook-up was also confirmed at the event, although no specific properties or games were mentioned alongside the motion controller.
Perhaps most impressive, however, was the Star Wars game we saw running in the flesh. In the demo in question the player took control of a young Jedi, cutting through swathes of enemies brandishing an impressive light saber, before coming face to face with Darth Vader himself.
We'll have more on Kinect just as soon as we get it.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year