Official: Natal is Kinect, Star Wars game spied
During an entertaining and occasionally bizarre pre-E3 showing, Microsoft employed the acrobatic services of the Cirque du Soleil to officially unveil their motion control system as 'Kinect'.
As rumoured earlier today, the system that formerly went by the name of Natal will henceforth be called Kinect, although Microsoft declined to offer any dating or pricing for the system - which may now appear in tomorrow's official E3 briefing.
Beyond the official product name, the show also saw us witness a number of games in action - including a sports compilation, a Yoga title, an impressive dance game, some white water rafting fun, a racer and a number of other casually-positioned mini-games.
A Disney hook-up was also confirmed at the event, although no specific properties or games were mentioned alongside the motion controller.
Perhaps most impressive, however, was the Star Wars game we saw running in the flesh. In the demo in question the player took control of a young Jedi, cutting through swathes of enemies brandishing an impressive light saber, before coming face to face with Darth Vader himself.
We'll have more on Kinect just as soon as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year