Xbox 360 Natal becomes Kinect at E3?
Ahead of a lavish showing in Los Angeles this evening, rumour has it that Microsoft's Natal motion control system will be officially unveiled as 'Kinect' - according to a leak via newspaper USA Today.
The controller-free system is one of the Xbox 360's big hopes for autumn 2010, and word in this evening hints that Kinect will launch with a number of games.
Kinectimals will offer up virtuals pets, and this will be joined by the sports selection Kinect Sports, according to rumours. There will also be racer Joyride, Kinect Adventures, Dance Central and even secret games from LucasArts and Disney - including Star Wars and Disney characters.
In separate news, blog VG247 catches word that Kinect will come in two flavours - the priciest costing 189 USD.
The premium version will apparently include a motorised camera base, while a cheaper version will require manual adjustments by the sound of things. We're hoping for official word on all this from Microsoft this evening. Watch this space.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer