Xbox 360 Natal becomes Kinect at E3?
Ahead of a lavish showing in Los Angeles this evening, rumour has it that Microsoft's Natal motion control system will be officially unveiled as 'Kinect' - according to a leak via newspaper USA Today.
The controller-free system is one of the Xbox 360's big hopes for autumn 2010, and word in this evening hints that Kinect will launch with a number of games.
Kinectimals will offer up virtuals pets, and this will be joined by the sports selection Kinect Sports, according to rumours. There will also be racer Joyride, Kinect Adventures, Dance Central and even secret games from LucasArts and Disney - including Star Wars and Disney characters.
In separate news, blog VG247 catches word that Kinect will come in two flavours - the priciest costing 189 USD.
The premium version will apparently include a motorised camera base, while a cheaper version will require manual adjustments by the sound of things. We're hoping for official word on all this from Microsoft this evening. Watch this space.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release