Rock Band 3 to crank up the realism
Rock Band 3 is set to become the most authentic music game experience yet.
EA, Harmonix and MTV Games have announced a snippet of the 83-track songlist with great songs like Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.
The track listing is not the most notable thing about Rock Band 3. It is set to introduce keyboards and an all new Rock Band Pro mode which will bring players closer to recreating the music than ever before.
With the new hybrid Pro range of controllers Rock Band fans will be invited to play their favourite songs almost note-for-note. The biggest innovation is the Rock Band 3 Fender Squier Stratocaster which is an actual electric guitar that doubles as a game controller.
The Pro Drum controller adds new cymbals to the existing controller and introduces a differentiation between drums and cymbals. The new keyboard controller is pitch accurate and has a two-octave range.
Players will now be able to pit their skills against their favourite musicians note for not and beat for beat revolutionising the way we play music games.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch