Rock Band 3 to crank up the realism
Rock Band 3 is set to become the most authentic music game experience yet.
EA, Harmonix and MTV Games have announced a snippet of the 83-track songlist with great songs like Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.
The track listing is not the most notable thing about Rock Band 3. It is set to introduce keyboards and an all new Rock Band Pro mode which will bring players closer to recreating the music than ever before.
With the new hybrid Pro range of controllers Rock Band fans will be invited to play their favourite songs almost note-for-note. The biggest innovation is the Rock Band 3 Fender Squier Stratocaster which is an actual electric guitar that doubles as a game controller.
The Pro Drum controller adds new cymbals to the existing controller and introduces a differentiation between drums and cymbals. The new keyboard controller is pitch accurate and has a two-octave range.
Players will now be able to pit their skills against their favourite musicians note for not and beat for beat revolutionising the way we play music games.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3