Rock Band 3 to crank up the realism
Rock Band 3 is set to become the most authentic music game experience yet.
EA, Harmonix and MTV Games have announced a snippet of the 83-track songlist with great songs like Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.
The track listing is not the most notable thing about Rock Band 3. It is set to introduce keyboards and an all new Rock Band Pro mode which will bring players closer to recreating the music than ever before.
With the new hybrid Pro range of controllers Rock Band fans will be invited to play their favourite songs almost note-for-note. The biggest innovation is the Rock Band 3 Fender Squier Stratocaster which is an actual electric guitar that doubles as a game controller.
The Pro Drum controller adds new cymbals to the existing controller and introduces a differentiation between drums and cymbals. The new keyboard controller is pitch accurate and has a two-octave range.
Players will now be able to pit their skills against their favourite musicians note for not and beat for beat revolutionising the way we play music games.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title