Rock Band 3 to crank up the realism
Rock Band 3 is set to become the most authentic music game experience yet.
EA, Harmonix and MTV Games have announced a snippet of the 83-track songlist with great songs like Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.
The track listing is not the most notable thing about Rock Band 3. It is set to introduce keyboards and an all new Rock Band Pro mode which will bring players closer to recreating the music than ever before.
With the new hybrid Pro range of controllers Rock Band fans will be invited to play their favourite songs almost note-for-note. The biggest innovation is the Rock Band 3 Fender Squier Stratocaster which is an actual electric guitar that doubles as a game controller.
The Pro Drum controller adds new cymbals to the existing controller and introduces a differentiation between drums and cymbals. The new keyboard controller is pitch accurate and has a two-octave range.
Players will now be able to pit their skills against their favourite musicians note for not and beat for beat revolutionising the way we play music games.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave