FIFA Superstars launches on Facebook
The partnership between EA and Playfish has borne its first fruit a football game entitled FIFA Superstars.
EA Sports FIFA Superstars is a free-to-play game that will allow players to build fantasy teams out of the 15,000 real life players, trade players and compete against their friends over Facebook.
Playfish's Kristian Segerstrale explains: "On the eve of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, were introducing into social gaming an entirely new category and game play style built around the most popular sports franchise in the world. EA SPORTS FIFA Superstars captures all the magic and passion of the beautiful game, allowing players to build and manage a team of the worlds greatest footballers and compete against their friends. Were looking forward to working with our players and evolving the game in many exciting ways through the FIFA World Cup and beyond."
EA Sports' Matt Bilbey adds: "Football fans have a voracious appetite for their sport so we are creating interactive football entertainment in new ways and on new platforms to meet the interest. We are excited to broaden our reach from the console that touches our core audience of 10-20 million fans to the hundreds of millions of football fans and casual gamers using social networks."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey