FIFA Superstars launches on Facebook
The partnership between EA and Playfish has borne its first fruit a football game entitled FIFA Superstars.
EA Sports FIFA Superstars is a free-to-play game that will allow players to build fantasy teams out of the 15,000 real life players, trade players and compete against their friends over Facebook.
Playfish's Kristian Segerstrale explains: "On the eve of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, were introducing into social gaming an entirely new category and game play style built around the most popular sports franchise in the world. EA SPORTS FIFA Superstars captures all the magic and passion of the beautiful game, allowing players to build and manage a team of the worlds greatest footballers and compete against their friends. Were looking forward to working with our players and evolving the game in many exciting ways through the FIFA World Cup and beyond."
EA Sports' Matt Bilbey adds: "Football fans have a voracious appetite for their sport so we are creating interactive football entertainment in new ways and on new platforms to meet the interest. We are excited to broaden our reach from the console that touches our core audience of 10-20 million fans to the hundreds of millions of football fans and casual gamers using social networks."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III