Pandemic harbour Mercenaries
Pandemic Studios latest project (previously known only as 'Y') appears to have been let out the bag today by President and Founder Josh Resnick, who let it slip to GameSpot that the game is actually called Mercenaries, and is a third-person Xbox exclusive set in the near-future, surrounding a scramble for power amid the collapse of North Korea.
In the new game from the developers of Battlefront and Full Spectrum Warrior, players will be able to choose sides from the North Koreans, Chinese, UN or Russian forces, then roam freely around the country GTA-style, nabbing vehicles, blowing-up buildings and the like.
Lucasarts are apparently publishing the game in the Autumn stateside, and Xbox Live support is rumoured - though unconfirmed - thanks to Eurogamer.net and 1up.com
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe