Pandemic harbour Mercenaries
Pandemic Studios latest project (previously known only as 'Y') appears to have been let out the bag today by President and Founder Josh Resnick, who let it slip to GameSpot that the game is actually called Mercenaries, and is a third-person Xbox exclusive set in the near-future, surrounding a scramble for power amid the collapse of North Korea.
In the new game from the developers of Battlefront and Full Spectrum Warrior, players will be able to choose sides from the North Koreans, Chinese, UN or Russian forces, then roam freely around the country GTA-style, nabbing vehicles, blowing-up buildings and the like.
Lucasarts are apparently publishing the game in the Autumn stateside, and Xbox Live support is rumoured - though unconfirmed - thanks to Eurogamer.net and 1up.com
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released