Pandemic harbour Mercenaries
Pandemic Studios latest project (previously known only as 'Y') appears to have been let out the bag today by President and Founder Josh Resnick, who let it slip to GameSpot that the game is actually called Mercenaries, and is a third-person Xbox exclusive set in the near-future, surrounding a scramble for power amid the collapse of North Korea.
In the new game from the developers of Battlefront and Full Spectrum Warrior, players will be able to choose sides from the North Koreans, Chinese, UN or Russian forces, then roam freely around the country GTA-style, nabbing vehicles, blowing-up buildings and the like.
Lucasarts are apparently publishing the game in the Autumn stateside, and Xbox Live support is rumoured - though unconfirmed - thanks to Eurogamer.net and 1up.com
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft