Pandemic harbour Mercenaries
Pandemic Studios latest project (previously known only as 'Y') appears to have been let out the bag today by President and Founder Josh Resnick, who let it slip to GameSpot that the game is actually called Mercenaries, and is a third-person Xbox exclusive set in the near-future, surrounding a scramble for power amid the collapse of North Korea.
In the new game from the developers of Battlefront and Full Spectrum Warrior, players will be able to choose sides from the North Koreans, Chinese, UN or Russian forces, then roam freely around the country GTA-style, nabbing vehicles, blowing-up buildings and the like.
Lucasarts are apparently publishing the game in the Autumn stateside, and Xbox Live support is rumoured - though unconfirmed - thanks to Eurogamer.net and 1up.com
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor