Pandemic harbour Mercenaries
Pandemic Studios latest project (previously known only as 'Y') appears to have been let out the bag today by President and Founder Josh Resnick, who let it slip to GameSpot that the game is actually called Mercenaries, and is a third-person Xbox exclusive set in the near-future, surrounding a scramble for power amid the collapse of North Korea.
In the new game from the developers of Battlefront and Full Spectrum Warrior, players will be able to choose sides from the North Koreans, Chinese, UN or Russian forces, then roam freely around the country GTA-style, nabbing vehicles, blowing-up buildings and the like.
Lucasarts are apparently publishing the game in the Autumn stateside, and Xbox Live support is rumoured - though unconfirmed - thanks to Eurogamer.net and 1up.com
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes