Sony to focus on 3D
Sony's Ray Maguire has said that they will be concentrating on 3D much more in the future.
Maguire told CVG that they will be producing much more of their first party titles in 3D in the future.
Maguire said: "I think when you get to 2014 and beyond the majority of games will be 3D. You will be able to have backwards compatibility with 2D - as opposed to 3D being the exception."
With Sony's first clutch of 3D games out on PSN it seems that they are fully committed to a 3D future.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer