Sony to focus on 3D
Sony's Ray Maguire has said that they will be concentrating on 3D much more in the future.
Maguire told CVG that they will be producing much more of their first party titles in 3D in the future.
Maguire said: "I think when you get to 2014 and beyond the majority of games will be 3D. You will be able to have backwards compatibility with 2D - as opposed to 3D being the exception."
With Sony's first clutch of 3D games out on PSN it seems that they are fully committed to a 3D future.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3