EA concedes to Modern Warfare 2
Despite promising to topple first-person shooter heavyweight Modern Warfare 2 with its own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA is conceding that it won't be able to meet the lofty goal.
EA UK general manager Keith Ramsdale tells MCV that they can't beat Modern Warfare 2 this year, but the foundation has been laid for a future win.
"Are we going to beat Modern Warfare sales this year with any single title? No. But do we have a long-term goal of taking more market share or possibly growing the market? Yes."
Both in sales and critical reception, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has taken a second seat to Modern Warfare 2. Metacritic has the average rating for the PS3 versions of both games at 88 and 94, respectively.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer