EA concedes to Modern Warfare 2
Despite promising to topple first-person shooter heavyweight Modern Warfare 2 with its own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA is conceding that it won't be able to meet the lofty goal.
EA UK general manager Keith Ramsdale tells MCV that they can't beat Modern Warfare 2 this year, but the foundation has been laid for a future win.
"Are we going to beat Modern Warfare sales this year with any single title? No. But do we have a long-term goal of taking more market share or possibly growing the market? Yes."
Both in sales and critical reception, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has taken a second seat to Modern Warfare 2. Metacritic has the average rating for the PS3 versions of both games at 88 and 94, respectively.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release