EA concedes to Modern Warfare 2
Despite promising to topple first-person shooter heavyweight Modern Warfare 2 with its own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA is conceding that it won't be able to meet the lofty goal.
EA UK general manager Keith Ramsdale tells MCV that they can't beat Modern Warfare 2 this year, but the foundation has been laid for a future win.
"Are we going to beat Modern Warfare sales this year with any single title? No. But do we have a long-term goal of taking more market share or possibly growing the market? Yes."
Both in sales and critical reception, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has taken a second seat to Modern Warfare 2. Metacritic has the average rating for the PS3 versions of both games at 88 and 94, respectively.
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released