EA concedes to Modern Warfare 2
Despite promising to topple first-person shooter heavyweight Modern Warfare 2 with its own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA is conceding that it won't be able to meet the lofty goal.
EA UK general manager Keith Ramsdale tells MCV that they can't beat Modern Warfare 2 this year, but the foundation has been laid for a future win.
"Are we going to beat Modern Warfare sales this year with any single title? No. But do we have a long-term goal of taking more market share or possibly growing the market? Yes."
Both in sales and critical reception, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has taken a second seat to Modern Warfare 2. Metacritic has the average rating for the PS3 versions of both games at 88 and 94, respectively.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users