EA concedes to Modern Warfare 2
Despite promising to topple first-person shooter heavyweight Modern Warfare 2 with its own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA is conceding that it won't be able to meet the lofty goal.
EA UK general manager Keith Ramsdale tells MCV that they can't beat Modern Warfare 2 this year, but the foundation has been laid for a future win.
"Are we going to beat Modern Warfare sales this year with any single title? No. But do we have a long-term goal of taking more market share or possibly growing the market? Yes."
Both in sales and critical reception, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has taken a second seat to Modern Warfare 2. Metacritic has the average rating for the PS3 versions of both games at 88 and 94, respectively.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey