3D may not work for sports games
EA Sports is sceptical about the use of 3D in sports games, predicting difficulty in making crucial camera angles work.
MCV spoke with EA Sports president Peter Moore on the likelihood of 3D-enabled sports games to which Moore expressed doubt.
"Ive seen a number of our games running in 3D, and were learning that we cant take the existing camera angles.You've got to look at things differently than just porting to 3D, because 50 per cent of what you are seeing you cant even tell its 3D."
Moore concludes, "I'm not sure it adds value to the experience."
While Moore wouldn't discount 3D entirely, it seems probable that EA Sports won't be riding the 3D wave with everyone else.
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC