3D may not work for sports games
EA Sports is sceptical about the use of 3D in sports games, predicting difficulty in making crucial camera angles work.
MCV spoke with EA Sports president Peter Moore on the likelihood of 3D-enabled sports games to which Moore expressed doubt.
"Ive seen a number of our games running in 3D, and were learning that we cant take the existing camera angles.You've got to look at things differently than just porting to 3D, because 50 per cent of what you are seeing you cant even tell its 3D."
Moore concludes, "I'm not sure it adds value to the experience."
While Moore wouldn't discount 3D entirely, it seems probable that EA Sports won't be riding the 3D wave with everyone else.
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week