3D may not work for sports games
EA Sports is sceptical about the use of 3D in sports games, predicting difficulty in making crucial camera angles work.
MCV spoke with EA Sports president Peter Moore on the likelihood of 3D-enabled sports games to which Moore expressed doubt.
"Ive seen a number of our games running in 3D, and were learning that we cant take the existing camera angles.You've got to look at things differently than just porting to 3D, because 50 per cent of what you are seeing you cant even tell its 3D."
Moore concludes, "I'm not sure it adds value to the experience."
While Moore wouldn't discount 3D entirely, it seems probable that EA Sports won't be riding the 3D wave with everyone else.
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam