3D may not work for sports games
EA Sports is sceptical about the use of 3D in sports games, predicting difficulty in making crucial camera angles work.
MCV spoke with EA Sports president Peter Moore on the likelihood of 3D-enabled sports games to which Moore expressed doubt.
"Ive seen a number of our games running in 3D, and were learning that we cant take the existing camera angles.You've got to look at things differently than just porting to 3D, because 50 per cent of what you are seeing you cant even tell its 3D."
Moore concludes, "I'm not sure it adds value to the experience."
While Moore wouldn't discount 3D entirely, it seems probable that EA Sports won't be riding the 3D wave with everyone else.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny