3D may not work for sports games
EA Sports is sceptical about the use of 3D in sports games, predicting difficulty in making crucial camera angles work.
MCV spoke with EA Sports president Peter Moore on the likelihood of 3D-enabled sports games to which Moore expressed doubt.
"Ive seen a number of our games running in 3D, and were learning that we cant take the existing camera angles.You've got to look at things differently than just porting to 3D, because 50 per cent of what you are seeing you cant even tell its 3D."
Moore concludes, "I'm not sure it adds value to the experience."
While Moore wouldn't discount 3D entirely, it seems probable that EA Sports won't be riding the 3D wave with everyone else.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015