Bungie hated original Halo subtitle
Debate with Microsoft over the title of Bungie's groundbreaking first-person shooter resulted in Halo being slapped with an unlikable subtitle.
Halo: Combat Evolved originally didn't have a subtitle designer Jaime Griesemer tells EDGE. Microsoft didn't like the name 'Halo' and insisted on a more descriptive title.
"Everyone at Bungie hated it. But it turned out to be a very sticky label and has now entered the gaming lexicon to the point where articles that have nothing to do with Halo get titles like 'Skateboarding Evolved'. So I guess in hindsight it was a good compromise."
There weren't any arguments about the developer's newest game Halo: Reach, thankfully. The Xbox 360-exclusive will be available September 14.
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday