Bungie hated original Halo subtitle
Debate with Microsoft over the title of Bungie's groundbreaking first-person shooter resulted in Halo being slapped with an unlikable subtitle.
Halo: Combat Evolved originally didn't have a subtitle designer Jaime Griesemer tells EDGE. Microsoft didn't like the name 'Halo' and insisted on a more descriptive title.
"Everyone at Bungie hated it. But it turned out to be a very sticky label and has now entered the gaming lexicon to the point where articles that have nothing to do with Halo get titles like 'Skateboarding Evolved'. So I guess in hindsight it was a good compromise."
There weren't any arguments about the developer's newest game Halo: Reach, thankfully. The Xbox 360-exclusive will be available September 14.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey