Bungie hated original Halo subtitle
Debate with Microsoft over the title of Bungie's groundbreaking first-person shooter resulted in Halo being slapped with an unlikable subtitle.
Halo: Combat Evolved originally didn't have a subtitle designer Jaime Griesemer tells EDGE. Microsoft didn't like the name 'Halo' and insisted on a more descriptive title.
"Everyone at Bungie hated it. But it turned out to be a very sticky label and has now entered the gaming lexicon to the point where articles that have nothing to do with Halo get titles like 'Skateboarding Evolved'. So I guess in hindsight it was a good compromise."
There weren't any arguments about the developer's newest game Halo: Reach, thankfully. The Xbox 360-exclusive will be available September 14.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light