Bungie hated original Halo subtitle
Debate with Microsoft over the title of Bungie's groundbreaking first-person shooter resulted in Halo being slapped with an unlikable subtitle.
Halo: Combat Evolved originally didn't have a subtitle designer Jaime Griesemer tells EDGE. Microsoft didn't like the name 'Halo' and insisted on a more descriptive title.
"Everyone at Bungie hated it. But it turned out to be a very sticky label and has now entered the gaming lexicon to the point where articles that have nothing to do with Halo get titles like 'Skateboarding Evolved'. So I guess in hindsight it was a good compromise."
There weren't any arguments about the developer's newest game Halo: Reach, thankfully. The Xbox 360-exclusive will be available September 14.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto