COG disbanded in Gears 3
The executive producer of Gears of War 3, Rod Fergusson has been giving out a few details on the game's plot.
The game's plot is taking its lead from the novels written by Karen Traviss.
Fergusson said: "One of the big story points you get out of the books is that Chairman Prescott has left the COG. The COG become disbanded, the COG are no more. There's no more coalition, it's just a series of human tribes just trying to survive now."
He added: "They tried to win the battle in Gears one, they tried to win the war in Gears two and now that, having all failed, basically they're trying to survive the planet tearing itself apart and they're really broken up into this futile society and basically, the planet has been infested by this lambent entity that has risen out of the imulsion."
Gears of War 3 is due out in April 2011.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer