COG disbanded in Gears 3
The executive producer of Gears of War 3, Rod Fergusson has been giving out a few details on the game's plot.
The game's plot is taking its lead from the novels written by Karen Traviss.
Fergusson said: "One of the big story points you get out of the books is that Chairman Prescott has left the COG. The COG become disbanded, the COG are no more. There's no more coalition, it's just a series of human tribes just trying to survive now."
He added: "They tried to win the battle in Gears one, they tried to win the war in Gears two and now that, having all failed, basically they're trying to survive the planet tearing itself apart and they're really broken up into this futile society and basically, the planet has been infested by this lambent entity that has risen out of the imulsion."
Gears of War 3 is due out in April 2011.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone