COG disbanded in Gears 3
The executive producer of Gears of War 3, Rod Fergusson has been giving out a few details on the game's plot.
The game's plot is taking its lead from the novels written by Karen Traviss.
Fergusson said: "One of the big story points you get out of the books is that Chairman Prescott has left the COG. The COG become disbanded, the COG are no more. There's no more coalition, it's just a series of human tribes just trying to survive now."
He added: "They tried to win the battle in Gears one, they tried to win the war in Gears two and now that, having all failed, basically they're trying to survive the planet tearing itself apart and they're really broken up into this futile society and basically, the planet has been infested by this lambent entity that has risen out of the imulsion."
Gears of War 3 is due out in April 2011.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date