COG disbanded in Gears 3
The executive producer of Gears of War 3, Rod Fergusson has been giving out a few details on the game's plot.
The game's plot is taking its lead from the novels written by Karen Traviss.
Fergusson said: "One of the big story points you get out of the books is that Chairman Prescott has left the COG. The COG become disbanded, the COG are no more. There's no more coalition, it's just a series of human tribes just trying to survive now."
He added: "They tried to win the battle in Gears one, they tried to win the war in Gears two and now that, having all failed, basically they're trying to survive the planet tearing itself apart and they're really broken up into this futile society and basically, the planet has been infested by this lambent entity that has risen out of the imulsion."
Gears of War 3 is due out in April 2011.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter