Gretzky to front EA's NHL Slapshot
EA has announced that none other than the Great One, Wayne Gretzky will appear on the cover of NHL Slapshot.
The new game features an innovative new hockey stick controller allowing gamers to play a hockey game just like they were on the ice themselves.
Gretzky said: "EA Sports has been making great hockey games in Canada for 20 years now, and the team behind the game is really passionate about the sport. Being on the cover of the new Wii version of the game is exciting and is probably going to make me a bit cooler in the eyes of my kids."
EA Sports' creative director David Littman added: "Making our games as close to the real thing has always been our focus. Now we are giving them an actual plastic hockey stick that the Wii RemoteTM and NunchukTM controllers plug into. Players can then use the new NHL(r) SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick to do all the moves in the game."
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update