Gretzky to front EA's NHL Slapshot
EA has announced that none other than the Great One, Wayne Gretzky will appear on the cover of NHL Slapshot.
The new game features an innovative new hockey stick controller allowing gamers to play a hockey game just like they were on the ice themselves.
Gretzky said: "EA Sports has been making great hockey games in Canada for 20 years now, and the team behind the game is really passionate about the sport. Being on the cover of the new Wii version of the game is exciting and is probably going to make me a bit cooler in the eyes of my kids."
EA Sports' creative director David Littman added: "Making our games as close to the real thing has always been our focus. Now we are giving them an actual plastic hockey stick that the Wii RemoteTM and NunchukTM controllers plug into. Players can then use the new NHL(r) SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick to do all the moves in the game."
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor