Gretzky to front EA's NHL Slapshot
EA has announced that none other than the Great One, Wayne Gretzky will appear on the cover of NHL Slapshot.
The new game features an innovative new hockey stick controller allowing gamers to play a hockey game just like they were on the ice themselves.
Gretzky said: "EA Sports has been making great hockey games in Canada for 20 years now, and the team behind the game is really passionate about the sport. Being on the cover of the new Wii version of the game is exciting and is probably going to make me a bit cooler in the eyes of my kids."
EA Sports' creative director David Littman added: "Making our games as close to the real thing has always been our focus. Now we are giving them an actual plastic hockey stick that the Wii RemoteTM and NunchukTM controllers plug into. Players can then use the new NHL(r) SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick to do all the moves in the game."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell