Gretzky to front EA's NHL Slapshot
EA has announced that none other than the Great One, Wayne Gretzky will appear on the cover of NHL Slapshot.
The new game features an innovative new hockey stick controller allowing gamers to play a hockey game just like they were on the ice themselves.
Gretzky said: "EA Sports has been making great hockey games in Canada for 20 years now, and the team behind the game is really passionate about the sport. Being on the cover of the new Wii version of the game is exciting and is probably going to make me a bit cooler in the eyes of my kids."
EA Sports' creative director David Littman added: "Making our games as close to the real thing has always been our focus. Now we are giving them an actual plastic hockey stick that the Wii RemoteTM and NunchukTM controllers plug into. Players can then use the new NHL(r) SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick to do all the moves in the game."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year