Gretzky to front EA's NHL Slapshot
EA has announced that none other than the Great One, Wayne Gretzky will appear on the cover of NHL Slapshot.
The new game features an innovative new hockey stick controller allowing gamers to play a hockey game just like they were on the ice themselves.
Gretzky said: "EA Sports has been making great hockey games in Canada for 20 years now, and the team behind the game is really passionate about the sport. Being on the cover of the new Wii version of the game is exciting and is probably going to make me a bit cooler in the eyes of my kids."
EA Sports' creative director David Littman added: "Making our games as close to the real thing has always been our focus. Now we are giving them an actual plastic hockey stick that the Wii RemoteTM and NunchukTM controllers plug into. Players can then use the new NHL(r) SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick to do all the moves in the game."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan