Romero and Carmack reunion?
John Romero has hinted that he could be hooking up in the future with old id Software buddy John Carmack to create something new.
The DOOM creator believes that he and Carmack could put together something "fresh and awesome."
Romero teased: "I have no doubt that if John and I had decided to make another game it would be fresh and new and awesome. We've both grown a lot in the past 14 years and have a lot more experience, not only in game development but also in dealing with people and game teams."
He continued: "Many times you hear of musical groups getting back together after decades apart, and when they try and work together again everything explodes and falls apart because of personality issues and hubris. I really don't think that would happen with John and me."
With Carmack buried deep in RAGE and DOOM 4 and Romero busy with a new MMO at Gazillion Entertainment this team-up could be a long way off.
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World