Romero and Carmack reunion?
John Romero has hinted that he could be hooking up in the future with old id Software buddy John Carmack to create something new.
The DOOM creator believes that he and Carmack could put together something "fresh and awesome."
Romero teased: "I have no doubt that if John and I had decided to make another game it would be fresh and new and awesome. We've both grown a lot in the past 14 years and have a lot more experience, not only in game development but also in dealing with people and game teams."
He continued: "Many times you hear of musical groups getting back together after decades apart, and when they try and work together again everything explodes and falls apart because of personality issues and hubris. I really don't think that would happen with John and me."
With Carmack buried deep in RAGE and DOOM 4 and Romero busy with a new MMO at Gazillion Entertainment this team-up could be a long way off.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free