Romero and Carmack reunion?
John Romero has hinted that he could be hooking up in the future with old id Software buddy John Carmack to create something new.
The DOOM creator believes that he and Carmack could put together something "fresh and awesome."
Romero teased: "I have no doubt that if John and I had decided to make another game it would be fresh and new and awesome. We've both grown a lot in the past 14 years and have a lot more experience, not only in game development but also in dealing with people and game teams."
He continued: "Many times you hear of musical groups getting back together after decades apart, and when they try and work together again everything explodes and falls apart because of personality issues and hubris. I really don't think that would happen with John and me."
With Carmack buried deep in RAGE and DOOM 4 and Romero busy with a new MMO at Gazillion Entertainment this team-up could be a long way off.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release