Romero and Carmack reunion?
John Romero has hinted that he could be hooking up in the future with old id Software buddy John Carmack to create something new.
The DOOM creator believes that he and Carmack could put together something "fresh and awesome."
Romero teased: "I have no doubt that if John and I had decided to make another game it would be fresh and new and awesome. We've both grown a lot in the past 14 years and have a lot more experience, not only in game development but also in dealing with people and game teams."
He continued: "Many times you hear of musical groups getting back together after decades apart, and when they try and work together again everything explodes and falls apart because of personality issues and hubris. I really don't think that would happen with John and me."
With Carmack buried deep in RAGE and DOOM 4 and Romero busy with a new MMO at Gazillion Entertainment this team-up could be a long way off.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer