Romero and Carmack reunion?
John Romero has hinted that he could be hooking up in the future with old id Software buddy John Carmack to create something new.
The DOOM creator believes that he and Carmack could put together something "fresh and awesome."
Romero teased: "I have no doubt that if John and I had decided to make another game it would be fresh and new and awesome. We've both grown a lot in the past 14 years and have a lot more experience, not only in game development but also in dealing with people and game teams."
He continued: "Many times you hear of musical groups getting back together after decades apart, and when they try and work together again everything explodes and falls apart because of personality issues and hubris. I really don't think that would happen with John and me."
With Carmack buried deep in RAGE and DOOM 4 and Romero busy with a new MMO at Gazillion Entertainment this team-up could be a long way off.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May