Treyarch now all about the Call of Duty
Treyarch's Mark Lamia has stated that the studio is now 100 percent committed to Call of Duty.
Lamia was also keen to stress that the decision was made long before the problems at Infinity Ward began.
He said in an interview with CVG: "Treyarch is a 100 per cent Call of Duty studio - and it has been for a long time now, long before any of [the Infinity Ward] events occurred."
He added: "We focused all of our efforts on creating the best Call of Duty game we possibly can and what that meant is not working on anything else. We are a multiple team studio and focusing on Call of Duty and Call of Duty gameplay meant focusing all of our teams on that."
This is a little bit of a sad development as their Quantum of Solace effort was arguably better than both the film and their last Call of Duty title World at War.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date